Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC struggles 2 days before the june sitting

phelanj75phelanj75 Alum Member

Hello guys,

ive been consistently scoring 20+ on RC yet in the last few days I've been getting scores as low as 14

i suspect its a sorting issue as i haven't been able to properly triage the passages in terms of difficulty.

should i be worried ? do i go back to doing them in the sequence that they're originally presented ?

id hate to change strategy so late in the game.

thanks

Comments

• phelanj75phelanj75 Alum Member
    279 karma

also , should i maybe just close up shop at this point and avoid demoralizing myself even more lol?

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Yeah, at this point, it's way too late to even think about a new strategy. Whatever has happened over the last few days is either a fluke, in which case it doesn't matter, or else a real problem in which case you don't have time to address it. So either way, there's nothing you can do. In all likelihood, it is anxiety which has started building as test day has come so close. To overcome that, stick strictly to your strategies. Trust the work you've done, the abilities you've developed, and the processes you've relied on. Relax this weekend and go into Monday fresh and confident.

• BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
    553 karma

Don't worry just relax. My scores have been crap these two days and I know it's because I have stress because of the upcoming test. If you're set on using the sorting strategy, although I feel it wastes a lot of time, just don't freak out if the passage you read turns out to be harder than you thought. All these passages have easy and doable questions ...low hanging fruit. If you're finishing the RC section on time, then you're fine. But I think that the easy passages allow you to build momentum and get ez points before going into the harder ones. If your first one turns out to be hard, then you've knocked out the hard one and the rest are easy. If you get an easy one then youll have momentum.

So sort them only if it's not causing you to slow down and not get to questions. And if you see your sorting wasn't helpful and you underestimated a passage, then refer to the above paragraph. :)

Don't trip yourself out.