Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Memory Method Phase 2 Clarification

I had a question about phase 2 of the memory method.

The following was stated, "The second phase of the memory method is exactly the same as the first, with one exception: you only spend 30 seconds on step two (Check Your Memory). Do this 6-8 times".

Is phase 2 done with the same passage or different ones? Also, i'm assuming phase 2 happens when we become comfortable with phase 1? Can someone provide more insight on this?

Thank you :)

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Lawyer007 said:
    I had a question about phase 2 of the memory method.

The following was stated, "The second phase of the memory method is exactly the same as the first, with one exception: you only spend 30 seconds on step two (Check Your Memory). Do this 6-8 times".

Is phase 2 done with the same passage or different ones? Also, i'm assuming phase 2 happens when we become comfortable with phase 1? Can someone provide more insight on this?

Thank you :)

Yes, begin phase 2 when you are comfortable with phase 1. I would use a mixture of both new/older passages. I think this is a good idea for everything related to RC. I made much of my improvement from -8 to -3 or so by redoing passages and mostly mastering using the memory method.

• 62 karma

Hi, thank you for the clarification.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Lawyer007 said:
    Hi, thank you for the clarification.

Of course! With RC feel very free to use whatever works for you. Don't become beholden to any one particular method and you will find your way! :)