Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Understanding mistakes on review but unsure how to translate that in behaviour

Hi everyone! So I am studying through some PTs now and using the blind review method, find that I can figure out exactly why an answer was correct in place of the answer I chose upon reviewing but haven't been able to translate that into behaviour or habits or pinpoint exactly why I chose the wrong one (I know but on the scale of that question) but there is no overarching pattern of me choosing the wrong answers for any one particular reason. Is anyone else having this problem and how did you delve into this? Is it just a matter of repetition?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I have the exact same problem. Whenever I go back and review, I almost instantly see what answer is right, and why the one I picked is wrong. I continue to miss questions during the test though. I also would like to know how to start fixing this problem.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

A few months ago, I attended an LR Crash Course with JY and a handful of others. I learned a lot about approaches to BR beyond the standard "Why is this right and why are all the others wrong". Perhaps incorporating these will be helpful for you.

1) Make wrong answer choices correct. This sounds easier than it is. Often times, even when we think we've done this correctly, we are missing some assumption in our logic. It helps to do this with others for that reason.

2) Construct analogous arguments in your own words to match the stimulus. Basically building your own parallel reasoning questions. Do this diligently and make sure each idea is represented and that is is represented accurately.

3) Go beyond right/wrong and try to identify any tricks the test writers employed in that question. Is there abstract language or heavy referential phrasing convoluting simple logic? Attractive trap in E? Build your own here if what you find doesn't have a name or you haven't seen anyone mention it before.

4) That brings me to the final suggestion. It is very likely that your mistakes are more related than you think. Keep track of why you missed questions with brief labels like "missed an important detail" or "eliminated an AC too quickly" or "confidence error" (a confidence error is when you select and answer and move on without looking at other answers)

Hope this helps. You might some value in this webinar as well. https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/