Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Organizing LSAT material

sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
in General 708 karma

Hi- I'm curious how everyone organizes their LSAT material. Binder etc? I end up with papers everywhere. I have a stack of random passages that I did and corrected etc then some practice tests but I end up doing so many questions it's a challenge to keep everything organized.

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited July 2017 3072 karma

I used an accordion folder for work I was currently doing when I was doing it/planning to do it for any given period of time. Other than that, I stacked my work neatly on my bureau/in my closet and alternated the orientation of the papers in order to separate work by whatever criteria I used to sort it. I also had space in a drawer in my bureau to keep my pencils, flash cards, erasers, pencil sharpener, paper clips, watches, and other smaller, less manageable items.

I must have at least a 6-7 ft. tall stack of papers, books, folders, sketch pads, etc. when combined.

• edited July 2017 34 karma

I used to have horrible stacks of paper everywhere, but I recently bought several binders to keep everything organized. I have a binder full of PT's I've taken, a binder with LR drills organized by type, and a binder with all the LG's.

• plantbaseddiyaplantbaseddiya Alum Member
    83 karma

Following this... In the same spot!

• theLSATgrind2017theLSATgrind2017 Alum Member
    440 karma

I use manila folders. I stack them up on my desk, not necessarily in order but still relatively easy to sift through. I also have notes written on the manila folders with games that I had issues with, what sections the folder consists of etc etc.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

I use something similar to one of these things

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H2LIMKA/ref=twister_B00NFU66GO?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I separate LR, LG, and RC into different compartments, and I have a "to do", "completed", and "repeat" compartment for each of the three sections.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I have several of accordion folders, banker boxes, and some binders I use to organize my stuff. I also heavily utilize my my bookshelves to lay out what I'm utilize focusing on so it is is easy to access.

3072 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I have several of accordion folders, banker boxes, and some binders I use to organize my stuff. I also heavily utilize my my bookshelves to lay out what I'm utilize focusing on so it is is easy to access.

Yeah, this. My LSAT work was staring me in the face every second I was awake and in my room for the past year. I practically never left my room. When I did, it was to see my tutor or a friend or to get food.

• Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    1997 karma

+1 for binders. I keep a binder of fresh PT's, a binder of completed PTs, a binder of BR PT's with my sheets of paper used for explanations, a binder of LG 1-35 for drilling/fool proofing, a binder for notes, and a binder of all of my "trouble" problems that I can review back to.

I haven't found a good method to organizing, and still feel that even with all of these binders I'm still a cluttered mess. Too much stuff! :dizzy:

3072 karma

I take pictures of the questions I struggle with and just keep them on a folder in my phone to browse whenever I feel the urge.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Yeah, this. My LSAT work was staring me in the face every second I was awake and in my room for the past year. I practically never left my room. When I did, it was to see my tutor or a friend or to get food.

Yeah, aside from work and prep for this and the GMAT I never leave the house. Except for food, lol.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

I've been debating how best to keep my BR notes, notes on question types, tracking questions to review, and my schedule. After much back and forth I've settled on this system:

• I'm using the (free) Evernote app for my blind review and question strategy notes. I appreciate being able to organize notes in "notebooks." I have three notebooks: one for each section. Within these notebooks I keep notes for each section I'ved BRed as well a note where I keep track of my strategies for specific question types.
    • I'm also using Evernote to track actual LR questions that I'd like to review. I take a screenshot and paste the image to the note (I'm currently creating a new note for each individual PT). Having a note for each PT helps me track when I took the section and when I last reviewed it. There's also a feature where you can add reminders to the note so you can schedule when you would like to review the questions again. I prefer this system to lets say a folder of screen shots is that I can also make notes below the image. What I really appreciate about Evernote is that through the app I can easily access my notes on or offline on my phone. Previously, I was adding my BR notes in the corresponding notes section in 7sage, but then I couldn't review my notes all at once and couldn't access them offline).

For tracking my PTs, time analysis, and overall schedule I used google spreadsheets and centralize them in a folder in my drive.

As for the stacks of papers - there just stacks of manila folders organized by PT or question/game type.

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

I use two restaurant style shelves next to my desk. Each has 5 shelves on it and each level is dedicated to CC notes, drills, and PTs.

• sillllyxosillllyxo Alum Member
    edited July 2017 708 karma

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Hahah. I wish - my toddler will eat the papers. Lucky you to have unlimited time!

3072 karma

@kkrystyna said:

@goingfor99th said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

Hahah. I wish - my toddler will eat the papers. Lucky you to have unlimited time!

Yes, I was very fortunate to be able to commit as much time to preparation as I was. I literally made the LSAT my life.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I just keep stuff everywhere tbh, and just toss them when I don't need it anymore