Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1-16 LR Explanations

180degrees180degrees Alum Member
edited July 2017 in Logical Reasoning 121 karma

My plan is to go through at least one section per day using the BR method while completing the course curriculum, and I am starting with PT 1 to make sure that I save all newer tests for after I've completed J.Y.'s program. I just finished a BR of Section 3 (LR) of PT 1; however, in the 'LSAT Analytics' category, there are no explanations for any of the questions. Additionally, it looks like LR explanations aren't present until PT 17 and beyond.

Here are my questions:

1) Are there any plans to put video explanations for the LR sections from PTs 1-16 in the near future? (EDIT: I saw Dillon's comment, and it looks like there are no plans for explanations for these sections)

2) If not, does anyone know of resources/places to go where I could find video explanations to these questions?

Many thanks.

Comments

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

You can try the Manhattan forum! It's a forum where many have contributed different thoughts. Sometimes even for the questions where I have explanations from 7sage, I've found it helpful to see different perspectives. I just checked PT1. They have most of the answers for that test.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@180degrees said:
    My plan is to go through at least one section per day using the BR method while completing the course curriculum, and I am starting with PT 1 to make sure that I save all newer tests for after I've completed J.Y.'s program. I just finished a BR of Section 3 (LR) of PT 1; however, in the 'LSAT Analytics' category, there are no explanations for any of the questions. Additionally, it looks like LR explanations aren't present until PT 17 and beyond.

Here are my questions:

1) Are there any plans to put video explanations for the LR sections from PTs 1-16 in the near future? (EDIT: I saw Dillon's comment, and it looks like there are no plans for explanations for these sections)

I am not sure about that. There so old and many are used in the CC lessons themselves.

2) If not, does anyone know of resources/places to go where I could find video explanations to these questions?

Manhattan LSAT forum has explanations for the earlier tests. Usually pretty good. I would recommend there over anywhere else. Though, try to figure out the answer yourself via returning to your CC/books before turning to explanations. I think explanations are the biggest double edge sword an LSAT class offers. I think there's an argument to be made that unless you've really BR'd the hell out of your answers, looking at explanations can become a bad vice.

Many thanks.

Idk if doing one section a day while doing the CC is a great idea. It's not terrible either. Just make sure that each section you're doing has a purpose. Perhaps tomorrow set out your purpose to be working on POE with MOR questions. And depending on where you're at in the CC, it may be better to stick to doing the problem sets and specific question types, at least until you've got them down.