Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Good Warmup

RGiggi13RGiggi13 Alum Member
in General 36 karma

Hey All-

I'm looking for a good warmup to start using before PTs that can hopefully serve as a warmup through test day. Does anyone out there have a pretest warmup exercise that they're happy with? I was thinking about doing a logic game and maybe one of J.Y.'s LR problem sets, but I'd love to hear what works for everyone else.

Thanks!

Comments

• amedley88amedley88 Alum Member
    378 karma

Meditate for 15 mins, do one grouping logic game and read an article out of the Economist or Scientific American as fast as you would an RC passage

• Harrison_PavHarrison_Pav Alum Member
    218 karma

@amedley88 said:
    Meditate for 15 mins, do one grouping logic game and read an article out of the Economist or Scientific American as fast as you would an RC passage

Love that magazine, I think that magazine has just helped me with my RC skills in general.

I like to do an LR problem set, and one LG. I think doing something that is tricky, so you can really warm your brain up, but also something you know you'll nail it if you do it. I think having confidence when you take a PT is a really important aspect of taking the test and can help you a significant amount!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2017 13286 karma

For me I like to hit one or two of what I call my "mindset" LR problems.

I have noticed that for NA, Flaw and MSS questions my mind has to do a significant transition in the way it thinks about the question. It's hard for me to explain exactly what I mean - but the way I see the stimulus changes a bit depending on the question type.

So for a warm-up in LR I do one of each of these kinds of questions back to back. It gets my mind ready for the mental gymnastics that are about to ensue.

LG I'll just pick one and do it..

RC I pray. (only kinda kidding...)

• vanessa fishervanessa fisher Alum Member
    1084 karma

@LSATcantwin

"RC I pray." LOL :)

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@"vanessa fisher" said:
    @LSATcantwin

"RC I pray." LOL :)

I mean....I'm being honest with myself haha

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I do a little of everything. All old material I've seen that I pick out the night before. 1-2 games that I haven't seen in a while. 5-10 LR questions from an old section. 1 RC passage. Who warm up takes about 30 minutes and I don't rush or stress about score of the warm up. I just want to get my juices flowing.

I also find just simply doing 25-50 push ups about 10-15 minutes before I take a PT helps me kind of get out some negative energy.

• Grey WardenGrey Warden Alum Member
    edited July 2017 813 karma

I do around 5 easy LR questions, one of the old RC passages and a logic game i haven't seen in a while. It's important to not stress about the warm up since you need to feel as positive as possible before the test to focus with a clear mind.
    Also i do a couple of headstands and handstands before a prep test, it helps me with calming the mind.
    Maybe as @"Alex Divine" has mentioned it, i should try doing some push ups too :)

• RGiggi13RGiggi13 Alum Member
    36 karma

Thank you so much, everyone! These are great ideas!