Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drilling LR weaknesses

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member

Just wondering how other people go about drilling specific question types.
I have narrowed down my problem question types and now wondering what the best way to drill those weaknesses .
1. Print out as many as possible from the earlier tests?
2. Do groups of 5's?
Should i time them in groups? Or individually?
Just trying to set out a feeler for what worked for other people.

P.S. of course, no matter, what there will be an intensive BR and Review of every question

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@nathanieljschwartz said:
    Just wondering how other people go about drilling specific question types.
    I have narrowed down my problem question types and now wondering what the best way to drill those weaknesses .
    1. Print out as many as possible from the earlier tests?
    2. Do groups of 5's?
    Should i time them in groups? Or individually?
    Just trying to set out a feeler for what worked for other people.

P.S. of course, no matter, what there will be an intensive BR and Review of every question

First question, where are you in your prep again? I'm sorry if you mentioned this in another post, but it definitely matters for purposes of answering this question.

I think doing smaller groups from the older tests, BR'ing them, and re-doing them a week or so later has helped me a ton. The reason I think it makes more sense to do groups of maybe 5 or 10 as opposed to 25-50 is because you'll remember your thought processes as you blind review afterwards.

One issue I had when I was drilling 30 of a question type at a time was that by the time I finished, took a quick break, and blind review, I didn't remember what was going through my head as well as when I started doing groups of 10 or so questions.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine" so i am in the PT phase but after 2 tests i realize that i am uncomfortable with certain questions types , i.e. i get spooked when i see them. Regardless of if i get them right or not. I think drilling them and breaking down the arguments into bite sized pieces will increase my speed and help with my confidence.
    I am PTing in the 166 range and my BR scores are around 173-174. I am going to stop PTing until i can consistently get that sweet 180 BR