Redacted

1000001910000019 Alum Member
edited April 2020 in Off-topic 3279 karma

Redacted

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I'm pretty consistent with games and definitely skip questions on certain games. I try to go for the questions that give me an additional hypo like "if X is on Monday, and V is on Friday, then which of the following...?" This will allow me to make additional games boards that I can use for just the straight up MBT questions and such.

There's really not a fool proof way to skip, so to speak. It really depends on the game for me. I definitely tend to skip around on harder games and the reward is time in the bank. It's always a risk, but I find burning time on a question you're having trouble with is almost never pays off. It's easy to get tunnel vision and to lose your stride on timed sections and tests when you get stuck on a question.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited August 2017 3279 karma

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I'll develop that intuition throughout practice.

Also thanks to those of you who filled out that pool. Ignoring the small sample size, the poll suggests there is no right or wrong answer to whether one should implement a skipping strategy.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@10000019 said:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping I'll develop that intuition throughout practice.

Also thanks to those of you who filled out that pool. Ignoring the small sample size, the poll suggests there is no right or wrong answer to whether one should implement a skipping strategy.

Yeah, no problem. I also don't think you can really properly concluded that from the poll either though. Especially if the people who aren't skipping could ave gone -0 if they implemented a skipping strategy. So just keep that in mind :)