Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law School Visits

AnkushSaxAnkushSax Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 59 karma
I plan on attending law school either in the Spring or Fall of 2015; should I visit law schools before or after taking the LSAT?

Comments

• joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 802 karma
    I can't speak to what you or anyone else should do, but my plan is to wait until I know my score. My score will give me a better idea of which schools would likely admit me if I applied. This should save me both application money and gas money by not visiting/applying to schools for which I have very low prospects of attending.

That's not so say I won't possibly visit some reach schools, but I want to make sure I'm getting the most bang for my application/flyer bucks. Only one of my dream schools is within a 5 hour drive of my home... so I'm playing the waiting game.

As an added bonus, I can spend more time studying before the test because I'm not on the road.

Also, FWIW, most American law schools only admit for the Fall term of a given class. The exception would be transfer students, but they've already taken the LSAT and at least one semester at another school.