Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random spikes and drops in PT scores

msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 213 karma
Hi all,

I'm taking in September and as D-Day rapidly approches I am PTing pretty often. I take the tests under timed conditions, with the proctor and early in the morning (sine the Sep exam is at 8:30 am). I'm sitting happily on a 170 average but have had one spike score, a 176, and one drop score, a 164. What can these outlier scores be attributed to? How do you manage them mentally? Does anyone know if similar spikes and drops happen on test day.

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2014 3438 karma
    Your scores (more so the 164) are the anomaly that proves the rule... don't worry about them right now... of course this can happen and you may get a comparatively low score or high score as compared to your average (in the range of what you have on your outlires)... any thing is possible... but it would have to be an exceptional situation. It is extremely unlikely that your score will vary more than (+/ -) 3 of your average. Best of luck for D - Day. If only I had your average... I'm fluctuating between 165 to 172.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I think that Jonathan's advice in this thread is applicable: http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/1142.