Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High scorer's a question....

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
in General 13286 karma

So my last few PT's have been 168, 170, 173.

Obviously the random noise is evident here - days I felt good, days I felt bad etc.

My question is for those of you who went in with similar scores on test day, what were your methods to prevent the dreaded 3-4 point drop from PT to actual score. Obviously there is no 100% answer, but did you do anything to keep yourself calm and focused? What did you do to prevent yourself from slipping?

Did you do any sort of warm-up problems?

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

@"Accounts Playable" playable spoke about this specifically during his webinar: meditation. As my PTs begin climb, and there is lesser and lesser room for area, i will need to consider the same question you are asking.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@jkatz1488 said:
    @"Accounts Playable" playable spoke about this specifically during his webinar: meditation. As my PTs begin climb, and there is lesser and lesser room for area, i will need to consider the same question you are asking.

I have never meditated a day in my life - but if it will help me from slipping then I'll do whatever it takes.

Yes, even that.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Obviously stress on test day is inevitable, unless you are a Zen machine :) I think you have to take all the steps you can to.mi I miss it and deal with it. For me things that help are as follows:
    1. Take prep tests in an environment that is as close as possible to the real thing. Timing, materials, even desk set up and time of day help you get comfortable with the process and make test day seem like just another PT.
    2. Definitely warm up before the test woth some practice games, questions and passages. It gets your brain warmed up, and I think I killed a lot of my jitters during warm up. Plus you can handpick easy questions to boost your confidence.
    3. ALWAYS remember that there is no such thing as a last chance. There's always December, February or next year. Never approach test day as do or die!
    4. Go kill it!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Obviously stress on test day is inevitable, unless you are a Zen machine :) I think you have to take all the steps you can to.mi I miss it and deal with it. For me things that help are as follows:
    1. Take prep tests in an environment that is as close as possible to the real thing. Timing, materials, even desk set up and time of day help you get comfortable with the process and make test day seem like just another PT.
    2. Definitely warm up before the test woth some practice games, questions and passages. It gets your brain warmed up, and I think I killed a lot of my jitters during warm up. Plus you can handpick easy questions to boost your confidence.
    3. ALWAYS remember that there is no such thing as a last chance. There's always December, February or next year. Never approach test day as do or die!
    4. Go kill it!

I never do warm-up's and am considering trying to work a light one into my routine. I've noticed that my brain builds on itself - my first section is usually my slowest and worst. I'll give it a shot!

• Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@jkatz1488 said:

I have never meditated a day in my life - but if it will help me from slipping then I'll do whatever it takes.

Yes, even that.

I too was once skeptical and even put it off because I thought it sounded pretty dumb. I swear by it now.