Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rescheduling the LSAT Test Date

Matt2014Matt2014 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 18 karma
Originally, I was set to take the LSAT for September, but I am just not feeling too confident.

My scores have been ranging from mid/high 150s to low 160s. The blind-review method has improved my LR sections substantially, but I am getting slaughtered in the LG and RC sections (I usually do not finish either section with the time constraint). I feel that with more time and practice I can also improve my LG and RC, but I am concerned with rescheduling to December. I am worried I may panic during the actual test and may need a "fall-back" test date. I am also concerned about how much it will affect my likelihood of being accepted due to the "rolling applications" process.

What do you guys recommend?

Comments

• David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    The need for a fall back date is undeniably essential, but you should bear in mind that the scores you are getting on your full timed tests are extremely accurate predictors of what you'll get on test day. So if in the two weeks leading up the the exam your scores are not what you want them to be, nothing magical will happen on test day to make them go up. So if they aren't what you want to get, then either don't take them, or take them and understand that your actual score will accurately reflect your preptest performance you've done in the days leading up the exam.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    @ Christian Jack Wayne ...That is not entirely accurate... you can still make tremendous strides in the last week... I had a 5 point jump in my scores in the last week and got around there on my test. Not that I was happy with that as I think I can at least do 4 -5 points more... but I still made a jump in my last few days.
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    My score is similar to yours & there's 23 days until the Sept LSAT. I don't think that's enough time for my score to increase 7-10 points. Plus I work full-time so I'm scared that I'll stress out for the sept lsat & my scores might even be under 140 on test day.