Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question

Hello!

Do you guys think that the LSAT for September will be similar to Preptest 81?! Or preptest 80? Or is it too hard to tell?

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

It is really tough to tell. LSAC can throw anything they want at us, so making predictions about a future test based on the previous administration is really really tough.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I think the safe range is that the test will be similar to PT 70-81 haha. That can account for most of the modern test "trickyness" and for any random noise/error.

Although this September could be a whole new breed of LSAT. It's really hard to tell like @TheMikey said.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"LSAT Warrior Princess" said:
    Hello!

Do you guys think that the LSAT for September will be similar to Preptest 81?! Or preptest 80? Or is it too hard to tell?

I think it will be very similar to both. The LSAT tends to evolve pretty slowly overtime so I highly doubt it is going to diverge from the recent norm too much.

edited August 2017 4196 karma

oh, did you mean in content? like the structure of it and stuff? I thought OP meant similar as in will it be like the same difficulty, etc. If I misinterpreted then my bad!

• Hey! Thanks for answering my questions! yeah I meant similar to LSAT 80 and LSAT 81 in terms of difficulty and maybe structure. I feel like I do a WHOLE lot better on the more recent prep tests than the earlier prep tests. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing haha.

4196 karma

Hey! Thanks for answering my questions! yeah I meant similar to LSAT 80 and LSAT 81 in terms of difficulty and maybe structure. I feel like I do a WHOLE lot better on the more recent prep tests than the earlier prep tests. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing haha.

that is a good thing! newer PTs are more representative of what future ones will look like in terms of structure. Unless of course they decide to add something different like they changed RC to have a comparative passage which hit the June 2007 takers hard in the face probably, lol. Older PTs are still the same as newer ones, but there are just some differences in newer ones that you don't see in older PTs, so it's good you're more used to the newer ones!

But yeah, the difficulty of the test is completely unknown to us. Who knows (besides LSAC, of course.. lol) if we will have a tough RC, LR or LG :P

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

May the curve be ever in your favor.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@Freddy_D said:

That avatar is looking spiffy.

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@Freddy_D said:

That avatar is looking spiffy.

You inspired the change. The beard had to go.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

May the curve be with you! Awesome new catch-phrase.

• nevadacity37nevadacity37 Free Trial Member
    163 karma

Seems to me whether the test is "harder" or "easier" matters very little, as the curve will compensate for the former or the latter. I would just concentrate on what you can control, which is your prepping. As those above stated, recent prep tests are the most indicative of what you are likely to see on future tests. Perhaps the only thing I have seen that is worth noting is that within this last year there have been some funky logic games that resemble older games - meaning from the 1990's - which might be worth reviewing to make sure you don't get caught off guard. They aren't "harder" per say, but because they are less common they seem that way.

• Victoria14Victoria14 Alum Member
    776 karma

All I know is a pray for a kind LG like 81 and a much kinder RC

4196 karma

LG like June would be phenomenal.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@TheMikey said:

Dude, if I can get a somewhat "normal" LSAT on my administration, I will definitely be copping dat sweet 170+ :smiley:

4196 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@TheMikey said:

Dude, if I can get a somewhat "normal" LSAT on my administration, I will definitely be copping dat sweet 170+ :smiley:

FOR REAL BRO

I went perfect on every LG last September EXCEPT for the virus game. To be fair, I froze and didn't give myself too much time to figure the game out, but still.

• dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma

Focus on the skill and mind set. Don't let prediction throw you off.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Hey! Thanks for answering my questions! yeah I meant similar to LSAT 80 and LSAT 81 in terms of difficulty and maybe structure. I feel like I do a WHOLE lot better on the more recent prep tests than the earlier prep tests. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing haha.

I feel the same way! I'd say it's a good thing :)