Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Viewing weakening questions as a flaw question type?

edited September 2017 in Logical Reasoning 1025 karma

I have had some major struggles with weakening questions lately. After drilling this question type, I realized that weakening questions simply state the flaw in the argument. Because of this, would it be a bad approach to find the flaw in the argument and, rather then descriptively describing it, anticipate this flaw as an answer choice that exposes it?

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Hi, so in short..yes viewing them as flaw questions is the right mindset. The problem we run into when we try to prephrase is that there are so many ways to word a weakening AC that you have to be careful and make sure your prephrase is flexible enough to accomade LSACS answer choice, bc inevitably it wont match yours. But 100 % you should have a general idea of where the hole in the reasoning is b4 you get to the ACs.
    Hope this helps :)

• 1025 karma

This does help. I couldn't tell if drilling this method would be detrimental in the long run. So, I appreciate your insight! Thank you.