Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frustrated because I know I do this

keishabarnes95keishabarnes95 Alum Member
in General 59 karma

I first took the LSAT in December of 2016 but was in no way ready for it. I ONLY focused on the logic games and neglected the logic reasoning and reading comp thinking I would be fine. I looked at those sections at the last second and completely siked myself out. Needless to say I completely bombed the Dec 2016 LSAT but killed it on the logic games section. So to help this time around I registered for, then backed out of the June one and bought the 7sage course because i needed to focuse on my spring semester. I studying again after I graduated this past May. Since then I've been studying like a mad woman but I am terrified that I'm still not ready. I've gotten much much better at logic reasoning and reading comprehension but now for some reasoning my logic games are suffering. I study over five hours a day and I know that sounds crazy but I do better when I do more. I take the weekends off to let my brain rest and read, listen to music and stuff but my point differentiation hasn't changed. I normally score in the high 140s my best was 149 as a raw score and that same test after blind review was 161. My logic games after blind review is normally -1 sometimes its -0 so I know that I can get into the 150s maybe even low 160s if i could just get my logic games together. I'm afraid to take too long off though because I'm retaking the LSAT this month and don't want to lose any time.

I think I might end up registering for the December LSAT but that would just make me uncomfortable because then I'd be afraid I'd be cutting it close with admissions. By then most students have applied and law schools are in the middle of their evaluations. It's just—I'm stressing and though I am trying not to I can't help but feel like I won't do well again. Should I planned on stopping a week before the test to fully reboot, but if i keep scoring in the 140s before i do that's all I'll think about in the week that I take off. I don't know if anyone has any tips on how to combat this type of mentality but if you have any I'd love to hear it.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited September 2017 13286 karma

My advice - breath. I could feel the frantic panic in your post. My first suggestion is to take some time and calm yourself down mentally. The test is what matters - applications come next. Focus on the now.

That being said, logic games can get rusty fairly quickly. The way to get the rust off is to do more of them. Not 100 games a day, but maybe 2/4 games a day. Get use to the inferences again. Get use to making game boards and the different kinds of questions. It will come back, but don't let panic get the best of you.

Focus on treating yourself nicely for the next two weeks. You've worked your ass off so relax a bit. Stop worrying about score and just keep yourself refreshed on the material.

Come test day go in determined. Go in knowing you know what to do. Go in knowing that any curve they throw you are prepared for. This is how you get past these feelings in my experience.