Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

8 months study time-150

JenJernstedtJenJernstedt Alum Member
edited October 2017 in General 142 karma

I received a 150 on my first practice test. With 8 months until the June test, is it possible to bring this to at least a 165? I feel very discouraged about this starting point.....

Should I start 7sage during this super busy semester (research fellowship, 17 credits, 2 jobs) or begin in January when my load is a bit lighter?

I have a 3.9 GPA and would hate for a crappy LSAT to ruin my opportunities. Thanks for the help, as always!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

My diagnostic score was a 151. I took three months to study and got it to a 157. I still didn't like my score so went back to studying for another four months. Before the Sept test I was PT'ing around a 169 so yes 8 months CAN be enough time to boost your score.

I worked a full-time job while studying - so it was rough, I had to study any opportunity I had. I also felt the time crunch and think I under preformed on the Sept test. So I would start studying as soon as you can to avoid this time crunch.

I also would set June as a tentative date. Get a good study program and follow it. I HIGHLY recommend 7Sage. Their format is flexible and easy to use, with the Ultimate+ package you have access to TONS of materials and it's worth the cost. If you creep up to the June test and still don't feel comfortable don't be ashamed to push the test back until September or Dec. You can still apply the same cycle with both those tests and you have more time to study.

The most important thing to do is to start. Time spent is the only true thing that can guarantee your success on the test, and the amount of time needed is different for everyone.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Yes you definitely have time. I raised my diagnostic 10 points studying the LSAT Trainer over the course of about 4 months. I believe 7Sage is an even better resource so it's definitely doable. It sounds like you'll be studying more part time than full time like many people on this site (including myself) just be sure to make a schedule and stick to it. You can totally do this!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@jmj72 said:
    I received a 150 on my first practice test. With 8 months until the June test, is it possible to bring this to at least a 165? I feel very discouraged about this starting point.....

Should I start 7sage during this super busy semester (research fellowship, 17 credits, 2 jobs) or begin in January when my load is a bit lighter?

I have a 3.9 GPA and would hate for a crappy LSAT to ruin my opportunities. Thanks for the help, as always!

Yes, very doable. If your semester is super busy, however, I'm not sure if right now is the best time ti dedicate extensive time to prep. Your GPA is great and you'll definitely want to keep it that way. I would sign up for 7Sage and maybe slowly start going through the CC.

I think the important thing here is to not set your end goal as anything other than the 165. June is such an arbitrary ending point with respect to your prep and potential progress. Just keep your eyes on improving and following the 7Sage methods and a 165 will be veery doable.

p.s. don't be discouraged by starting at a 150. That's about the national average including AFTER people have prepped. It's not a bad place to start at all if you're looking for a 15 point improvement. Doesn't matter much where you start, only where you end.

Good luck!