Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript help

Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member

In high school, a community college came to my German class and said if we take a free test in the computer lab after school we could earn college credit. There was no grade on the test, but it would eventually cut you off depending on how you performed. I took it and got credit for eight hours of German. It transferred to my undergraduate university so I never saw a grade, but I just had the transcript processed by LSAC and it's showing that I got eight credit hours of a 2.0 GPA. That tanked my GPA and I'm wondering if there is any way to fix this or if anyone has had a similar problem.

Should I just keep calling the school? Is there anything they can do?

Comments

• Tavorak_Tavorak_ Free Trial Member
    115 karma

Update: I'm on hold with the school, but they said their copy of my transcript shows a 4.0

Does this have something to do with how LSAC handles dual-enrollment classes?

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    edited October 2017 4196 karma

@deansr said:
    Update: I'm on hold with the school, but they said their copy of my transcript shows a 4.0

did you submit the transcript from that community college you're on hold with to LSAC? if not, that may be the issue and you needed to submit transcripts for all institutions where you have taken classes up until the point of your first bachelors

115 karma

@TheMikey said:

@deansr said:

did you submit the transcript from that community college you're on hold with to LSAC? if not, that may be the issue and you needed to submit transcripts for all institutions where you have taken classes up until the point of your first bachelors

Yeah I did. The lady I spoke with talked to someone in the registrar's office and they're saying I tested out of the classes and have no GPA on the transcript. So the school has no idea where LSAC got a 2.0 from.

115 karma

@deansr said:

@TheMikey said:

@deansr said:

Yeah I did. The lady I spoke with talked to someone in the registrar's office and they're saying I tested out of the classes and have no GPA on the transcript. So the school has no idea where LSAC got a 2.0 from.

If there's no GPA, shouldn't it just count like AP credit?