ss

Comments

• maxkneismaxkneis Free Trial Member
    5 karma

also I am a STEM major

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@maxkneis said:
    just got my september scores and scored a 161, only 4 points higher than my cold diagnostic. I self studied for a few months but I have a 3.95 GPA. I want to pursue joint law programs and am taking a gap year before applying to schools. should I retake the lsat? will this score keep me from potentially great opportunities?

Yeah, don't waste a nearly perfect GPA on a mediocre LSAT score. If you can nail a 3.95 GPA I am confident you can bring that LSAT score up to a 165+ And if you're a stem major, I know you're capable of likely hitting the 170 mark. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, if you're taking a gap year anyway--which is almost always a wise choice--then you have plenty of time to study for a retake. You'll thank yourself for all of the opportunities that come along with a high GPA/LSAT combo. There's literally no school/program you won't have a great chance at with a high LSAT!

Plus, you only studied for a few months. Imagine how much you would own this test if you put in a few more months?

Good luck