Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Score Addendum?

I just got back my third LSAT score and was crushed - a full 10 points lower than my practice tests where I was consistently getting around a 171, and 2 points lower than my last test (163). I've been studying for over a year at this point so I think its time to move on and just apply already.

My question is: is there any way to spin these scores as a positive in an addendum? I want to believe the admissions officers will see my three scores over a year and a half span and see perseverance. And if they were to look at my section scores, if you put all my best ones together I would have gotten around a 174. Would it come off badly to highlight these facts?

Thanks for the advice!!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

I'm not sure there is a way to do this. Ultimately, they have to report your highest score to US News and the ABA, so that's all they really care about.

Do you have one more retake in you? If you are scoring in the 170s on PTs, I really think you can do it on the real thing.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Nah, don't do it. I feel like all they would say is "why didn't this person retake for a higher score then?". If you're going to apply with your current highest score then do so without the addendum.

If you were scoring in the 170's, I say just give yourself 1 more shot though