Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying before retesting

Grey day has come and gone taking my dreams of a 175 with it ? Yesterday I was distraught, today I am resolved. I'm planning to retake in December and finally get a score that matches my PTs!
I have all but finished several applications, just need to sign and finalize my essays. My question is how the process of updating an app goes. Is there an advantage to applying now with my sept. score, and then updating when hit a 178 (lol, as if) in december? Or should I wait to apply until January?
Financial aid is a big concern for me, so I badly wanted to apply early, but I realize that a 2 point bump would help more than a 3 month wait. Advice? Thoughts? Comfort food suggestions? Haha

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

Thread was missed in the rabble; bumping this to the top so people can see it.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Thanks for bumping, @"Dillon A. Wright"

I think it might depend on the situation for the schools you are applying to. If you think you are going to be on the edge of being accepted or not, I think I'd wait until near or after the December take to submit to avoid being rejected before a new higher score comes in. If you think you're still solidly in the range of being accepted but a higher score could help with scholarship, then I think I'd apply now and just re-visit it with a higher score to negotiate the money up.

Good luck!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Thanks for bumping, @"Dillon A. Wright"

I think it might depend on the situation for the schools you are applying to. If you think you are going to be on the edge of being accepted or not, I think I'd wait until near or after the December take to submit to avoid being rejected before a new higher score comes in. If you think you're still solidly in the range of being accepted but a higher score could help with scholarship, then I think I'd apply now and just re-visit it with a higher score to negotiate the money up.

Good luck!

Thanks @"Leah M B". That's kind of what I thought as well, and my current plan unless someone has good reason to believe that isn't the way it works. I'll wait to apply to my reach schools until December score comes back, but go ahead with applications for the lower t14 where I think I can already get in.