Retaking Dec - with new Diag Score

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member

So I took the LSAT in Sept (posted a similar discussion before) got a 157 and this past weekend I took a new diag without studying for 3 weeks and got a whopping 160! Which...I mean I'm glad but still wish I at least got that on the real one. Obviously I hope to move past 160 in Dec but I'm truly at a loss on how to study right now. I have the starter program with 7sage but I can see that I still have timing issues with LG and RC. On the real one I did terribly on RC. I can still polish my LR but I don't know if I should start from Square 1 or ... what. Please help! I posted a help discussion before but got no replies and also didn't have a new diag score then. Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hey @mcglz_64 ,

Question: have you previously completed the CC in its entirety? That would be the first thing I recommend. Otherwise, return to, and review the lessons as needed.

As for timing issues with LG, I truly have full faith in 7Sage's fool proof method. I would work on getting my hands on all of the games from PTs 1-35 and drill them until you're going -0 and under JY's recommended time. It is time consuming, but I assure you there's no better way to improve on games than tons of exposure and repetition. The fool proof method will make sure you get in both!

For LR, are there certain question types that give you trouble? Utilize your analytics and see if there is, and then revise those lessons & drill those questions by type.

RC I also think just comes down to practice. I think this section is often neglected by students and as a result they do a bit more poorly on the section. I put in tons of time practicing 7Sage's memory method and low-high res summary strategy. I also read The LSAT Trainer's section on RC for further help. Still, it came down to doing tons of untimed RC passages. Get really good at distilling the info down to it's integral parts. Practice the skill of skimming to find answers quickly, and use POE to narrow answer choices down.

In any case, I wouldn't take more PTs right now. I think your time would be better spent drilling and fool proofing. At least for now.

Hope this helps

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 891 karma

@Alex Divine " is the CC the entire syllabus or whatever pops up on your scheduler? I haven't completed eithe but want to make sure I'm doing the right stuff. Is the entire syllabus does the order matter?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@mcglz_64 said:
    @Alex Divine " is the CC the entire syllabus or whatever pops up on your scheduler? I haven't completed eithe but want to make sure I'm doing the right stuff. Is the entire syllabus does the order matter?

Yes, the CC consists of all of the lessons in the syllabus. I think you should return to the CC, and complete it in order. There is so much to be learned!

891 karma

OK thanks! So far I've been looking at the scheduler but it's clear that not all the lessons are on there. Thanks! :)

891 karma

Is anyone BRing the Sept 2017 yet? Haven't parsed it down like I usually do on PTs