Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those of us in the 140's

rs94lawschoolrs94lawschool Free Trial Member
in General 16 karma

Hey! Yes, that's us. The 18 percentile-40 percentile peeps. Let me tell you, THIS SUCKS. Let's get it out there once in for all- THIS SUCKS- but guess what? You can either take it and leave it as is, or regroup and retake, perhaps more than once..or twice. I graduated summa, took on all programs law school related as possible. President of this, senator of that..and then BOOM- LSAT SCORE. I got a 146 and thought that was bad. Sure enough, I got waitlisted/denied to the schools I thought I would get into. Then, I thought to myself it's fine I GOT THIS, and took the September. Well, turns out I magically lowered my score to a 142. I already signed up for the December, since I really just want to score a 150 and I'll be very happy. This is fine, however, the real question lies on what I'll be changing. What's the new game plan? Well, for starters I signed up for 7Sage (powerscore didn't work for me, obviously - but I know people who did amazing so I guess it just depends), I'm taking PT's and I'm putting in the time. Think to yourself, did I do the best I could? Should I try a new study plan/method? I hope I can make the 150's mark for the December, but I can already see admissions committee having a heart attack over my scores. We'll see what happens but just know we're on the same boat. Good luck to you, you're not alone.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

@rs94lawschool said:
    the real question lies on what I'll be changing. What's the new game plan?

This is the correct question. Good luck and welcome to 7Sage!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 9377 karma

As he says on this post, @"Cant Get Right" was scoring in the 140s when he started his prep, but he scored a 176 on the September LSAT after years of dedication. My PT scores were in the 140s when I started, but my scores now are in the high 160s range.

Good luck and welcome to 7Sage :smiley:

• 193 karma

It's hard when you see a lot of people talking about how they are consistently scoring in the 170s, and are mad because they scored 169 on the actual test. I see it also. They aren't the norm. The majority of folks are in the low 150s-mid 150s. Just keep doing the work, and it'll get better. I've done a lot of different course work from PS to a stint in Kaplin to just brute force. 7sage has a good program. I like also "The LSAT Trainer" it helped me a lot of with LR and RC. I use Puzzle Barron's "Logic Puzzles" and my LG score is almost perfect now. LSAT Trainer helped me focus on finding the flaw in the argument for any stimulus. I would get so mad when JY would talk about how easy Sufficient Assumption questions were, because I would never get one right. Good luck to you, I'll be there in December also!

• lgsb0629lgsb0629 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 100 karma

I'm right here with ya. I underestimated how difficult it would be study and work full-time. I took the June 2017 LSAT after delaying the Sept 2016 LSAT. I was supposed to take the Sept 2017 LSAT but delayed it until December 17. It's tough seeing people on here being disappointed on a score I wish I had. But good for them! It drives me--I won't give up on breaking 160 .