Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just took PT68

bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
in General 104 karma

Dear 7sage diary,

I just took PT 68. Holy moly, those last two logic games were quite something.
Haven't done any BR for the test yet so don't spoil too much.

Anyways, I remember complaining about my drastic score drop after taking PT 70. My score for this test (68) is now a one point improvement from my highest score; therefore, a drastic improvement from the most recent score of PT 70.
From this I learned that proper sleep and pacing through each question (meaning not rushing through the first 8-9ish questions as if they afford that kind of treatment) is more ideal than before when I would speed through while sleep-deprived. I didn't get to a couple questions each LR section, but I tend to skip those parallel reasoning questions until I have time. If not, I would just guess based on stimulus concluding word strength. So I'll probably work on those too.

It's quite irritating though. I'm currently spending a huge amount of time on full proofing, but this PT threw me curveball LGs. I ended up not getting to finish the final game. I scored like -7 on this LG section. If only I had gotten -1 or 2 on LG and scored one and/or two each on each of the other sections, I'd break through to my target score.

Overall, can't complain. I only just started full proofing 3 weeks ago and this has been my most successful PT. 1 point increase is a blessing tbh. Feels like I'm doing something right.

Hopefully I can get to a 7 point increase by hopefully Dec or Feb.

Sincerely,

Me.

How was the LG experience for you in PT 68?

Comments

• lsattaker10lsattaker10 Free Trial Member
    76 karma

Good work!! I just took PT 70 a couple of days ago and it was brutal. Worst score Ive gotten in a year. Needless to say, I needed alot of emotional support after that exam. I haven't taken PT 68, but just know you are not alone in the struggle! Congratulations on your improvement!

• bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
    104 karma

Thanks! I’m sure you’ll bounce back like I did. Not to say that 70 was anomalous. Yeah emotional support after 70 felt much needed. Good luck!

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

Just wrote 68 last week. I have also been focusing on foolproofing games, particularly in the last 3-4 weeks. LG still threw me off, and although I was able to finish the 1st and 2nd games in record time (10min), it took me the entire rest of the time to complete the 3rd and 4th. I have heavily reviewed each. I'm pretty sure the problem was that I had missed a key inference, as I was brute forcing my way through each question and it was simply taking way too long!

In conclusion - you're not alone. LG was tricky. But, I see it as a positive. That's two more trickier games that I will know inside and out going into December.

Good luck! :)

• lsattaker10lsattaker10 Free Trial Member
    76 karma

@bsemb001 Also, you're such a good writer! This post is awesome.

• bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
    104 karma

My previous 5 years have been made just from that comment. I’m genuinely happier.