Failed Class in Freshman Year - Character and Fitness

sarahmojarro1234sarahmojarro1234 Free Trial Member

Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice on a failed class my Freshman year of university. It happened my second semester and my professor failed me because she accused me of plagiarizing an essay however nothing was ever recorded or reported to the school in anyway. She simply called me into her office to tell me she was going to fail me she didn't even let me see which parts she claimed were plagiarized and when I went to the Dean they said they would have to do a formal investigation so I opted not to go that route. There was no preceding, no record, nothing formal. I continued on to get straight A's in every class until graduation. I plan on disclosing the true reasons behind my grade in an addendum. It sticks out and needs an explanation regardless and because I do not want problems being admitted to the bar later. I just want advice on what my realistic expectations should be. I graduated with a 3.5, worked as a paralegal for a while after graduation, and got a 160 LSAT. Should I realistically be applying to grad schools? Should I consider hiring a professional to help with my application? Any help would be appreciated as long as its actually attempting to be helpful thank you!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sarahmojarro1234 said:
    Hello,

I was hoping to get some advice on a failed class my Freshman year of university. It happened my second semester and my professor failed me because she accused me of plagiarizing an essay however nothing was ever recorded or reported to the school in anyway. She simply called me into her office to tell me she was going to fail me she didn't even let me see which parts she claimed were plagiarized and when I went to the Dean they said they would have to do a formal investigation so I opted not to go that route. There was no preceding, no record, nothing formal. I continued on to get straight A's in every class until graduation. I plan on disclosing the true reasons behind my grade in an addendum. It sticks out and needs an explanation regardless and because I do not want problems being admitted to the bar later. I just want advice on what my realistic expectations should be. I graduated with a 3.5, worked as a paralegal for a while after graduation, and got a 160 LSAT. Should I realistically be applying to grad schools? Should I consider hiring a professional to help with my application? Any help would be appreciated as long as its actually attempting to be helpful thank you!

Definitely hire a C&F lawyer and/or consultant service to help you handle this. It is one of those things which should only be handled by a professional.