Art/Literature/History Passages

I have 2 degrees, in Art and History and I did well in both. I am absolutely the worst on both types of passages in the RC. Literature throws me sometimes, but not as consistently as the former. I know that bringing past knowledge can sometimes screw with you in answering the questions, but even topics I have no previous particular study, I still can't seem to grasp what they are asking me. I was wondering if there was any outside study guides anybody used that really helped them get a grasp on these types of passages? I am getting -0 on law and science passages, but blowing my score with -3 (timed) or worse on the passages I would've thought I would do well.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

What helped me quite a bit was just googling things about Art/Literature passages after I drilled RC sections. I also find that being comfortable or familiar with the subject matter being discussed in the passage can be helpful, but it certainly doesn't always make it as easy as it should be. I majored in Economics and I don't think I do much better on passages that talk about economics than anything else.

Science passages also seem to follow a more rigid structure that I actually prefer. I find that because the art/social science passages don't that they can be a bit harder for us sometimes.