Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letters of Recommendation

I graduated from my online undergraduate program roughly 5 months ago and have been in the process of finishing up my personal statement, addendum, and resume. Now I was wondering if anyone on here was an Online student at one time and what approach you think I should take in regards to getting one of those precious LOR. Just seems difficult because I have never met my previous professors other than a few emails and discussion boards.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I don't think it will matter too much. The teacher still had to be the judge of your academic performance, which is what Law Schools are interested in. Just because the class wasn't in person, doesn't mean the teacher doesn't have a sense of your work.

I would send an e-mail to a few of the professors and see their reactions. Once you have an idea of who seems eager and who seems like they're just "being nice" settle on one or two. I don't think law schools will care much about it being online. You still had to test, do work, show up and preform!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Can you speak with the instructor(s) by phone after you email them? Maybe send your resume and/or connect on LinkedIn. A cool thing about this is you were in school recently. That'll help.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

Try to contact professors in which you did very well in their classes and hope they write you one :)