Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Update on Foolproofing

kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
in Logic Games 1617 karma

Hi all, during some of July and most of August, I foolprooed 1-35. And then I started to go back through the games immediately after I was done to make sure I could do a full section under timed conditions (I FPed by doing six new games a day, timing each individually and separately). However, I found that I was going -2 or even -3 per section.

So I stopped. I only looked at games during a PT.

And y'know what? I've gone either -1 or -0 on every single PT I've taken since (six, so far). FPing is time intensive. I was doing 6 new games two times and then doing the 6 games from the previous day a third time AND 6 games from a week earlier. All in one day, starting at 5am and fitting it in between working 7:45am-5pm. This is all to say that FPing takes a shit ton of work. It is exhausting. But your brain is taking it all in, somehow. So if your plateauing---or even backsliding---take a break. Don't look at a game for two weeks. And then get back on the horse and you'll really see how much you've improved. Of course this is all anecdotal but I just realized today how much that break probably improved my morale.

Comments