Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth $200 to upgrade to Ultimate+ if I'm taking the Dec. LSAT?

lena_is_herelena_is_here Member
edited October 2017 in General 64 karma

I'd be upgrading to get access to 9 prep tests (73-81). Is there that much of a difference in the difficulty of the tests that I should invest in upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

If you just want the Preptests, then it's much cheaper to buy them in book version.

• lena_is_herelena_is_here Member
    64 karma

@uhinberg That's a good point! I'd also like the explanations too but $200 is a bit steep for me. We do get the logic games explanations for free so I'm not sure if it'd be worth the extra cash for explanations to the RC and LR sections.

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

@"lena.c1992" , 7Sage is gonna hate me for this and I also hate to do it because I think it's an incredible resource and they deserve all the business they get and more... but, if you get your hands on those newer tests... https://lsathacks.com/explanations/

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"lena.c1992" said:
    I'd be upgrading to get access to 9 prep tests (73-81). Is there that much of a difference in the difficulty of the tests that I should invest in upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Taking at least some of those new tests is a must. Having the explanations and extra drilling materials at your disposal will be the most helpful thing at this point, in my opinion. I feel that the full explanations for LR and RC have been indispensable to my continued improvement.

If you find the LR/RC explanations now helpful, I'd upgrade. $200 bucks is a lot but if it helps net you even a single point, then it's already worth it.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"lena.c1992" said:
    @uhinberg That's a good point! I'd also like the explanations too but $200 is a bit steep for me. We do get the logic games explanations for free so I'm not sure if it'd be worth the extra cash for explanations to the RC and LR sections.

I think its worth it if you want JY's explanations. I think that's really going to be the deciding factor. There are other people's explanations sure - that are cheaper and maybe even free so you can go that route. But if you want JY's explanations then that's where the $200 comes in. So you need to decide which is it you want. Btw, you also get an admissions course with the + package in case it helps make your decision.

64 karma

@FerdaFresh thanks for linking. I've never used LSAT Hack before but I'll def take a look at it.

64 karma

@"Alex Divine" You bring up a great point that didn't cross my mind. I'm leaning towards upgrading at this point.

64 karma

@LCMama2017 Thanks for including the tidbit about the admissions course. I had no idea so that is definitely tipping the scales in favor of upgrading.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

Probably better to get more practice tests

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited October 2017 1777 karma

If I remember correctly, Ultimate+ is the only option that includes "hard" level questions... so I would say it's worth it if you're trying to score a 650+. I think about it this way: if I get another three questions right, I could get way more than $200 back in scholarship money.

64 karma

Thanks to everyone who commented! I decided to upgrade.

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited November 2019 12637 karma

@"lena.c1992" said:
    Thanks to everyone who commented! I decided to upgrade.

I added a +5 month extension to your account so you have the full 18 months. :)

[Admin note: Ultimate+ includes 12 months now]