Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consistent lsat score around 155

ReadySetGoReadySetGo Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 5 karma
Hey everyone, I keep getting around a 155 (highest 157) LSAT score on practice tests. I am very nervous about writing the actually LSAT test next Saturday because I have not yet reached my goal of 160-162. Should I still write the test?

Comments

• CommerceCommerce Alum Member
    30 karma
    In my opinion, if you are still 5-7 points away from your goal and there is only a week left, I wouldn't write the test next Saturday. Write the test when you feeling comfortable and able to reach your target on a consistent basis, especially if you need that 160-162 in order to get into the law schools you will be applying to.
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    Whether you should write it depends on how important it is that you reach your goal score -- it's very unlikely that your score will jump 5-7 points on test day.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    jumping in scores in unlikely, and probably only comes with a bit of luck to those who can combat test anxiety effectively.

If I were you I'd contemplate canceling. A 160-162 is very attainable with lots of prep, especially when you're less than 10 points away. How long have you been prepping?
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    If you are consistently scoring around 155 on PTs, and you are nervous and your goal is 160-162, then I think you should cancel. Or at least plan on writing it again. How long have you been studying for and how? I'm sure you can improve your score into your goal range, it is going to take more than a week though.
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Dont do it. I scored a 153 on the June exam. I've been consistently scoring 160+ now

I would do anything not to be the idiot who scored a 153
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    You need to focus on how clearly you are reading. I believe you can score high.
  • ReadySetGoReadySetGo Alum Member
    5 karma
    Thank you all very much for your feedback. I spoke with family, friends and really thought about it myself, and I believe it will be best to reschedule it for a later date. I started studying about 4 months ago (taking the course for about 3 months) and then 1 month of practice tests. I improved from a 144 to a 155 over the past few months. For those of you who were scoring in the mid-150s, how did you improve your score to 160+?
  • adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    I'm actually in the same boat as you, I re-scheduled my exam to December.
    I started in the mid 140s.... Been scoring around a 157-159 now, but still want to push for that 160+
  • orajstricklandorajstrickland Alum Member
    54 karma
    How are you scoring with the blind review?
  • immanueladeolaimmanueladeola Free Trial Member
    42 karma
    With regard to those who wished they have rescheduled their exam even though they were not far away from their overall goal, I would think you would want to at least get a good idea/feel for the test, then re take it in December and score higher? Unless taking it more than once counts against you in the admissions process.