Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do with leftover time in LR?

RGBeetobeRGBeetobe Alum Member

I consistently finish LR with around 10 minutes to spare. I then go back and solve the questions that I have marked for review, and I still have a few extra minutes left. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong because I score around -5 in LR. Can anyone suggest what I should be doing differently?

Comments

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited November 2017 1091 karma

Do you usually get the questions you come back to correct? Are you getting -5 from questions which you never return to? My guess would be that you are going too quickly through the section.

• RGBeetobeRGBeetobe Alum Member
    142 karma

Yeah, it's from questions that I don't return to. I guess you're right, I'm probably just going too fast.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I'm not sure there is a lot to do at that point.

Do you blind review your tests? If so do you pick up these mistakes in blind review? If you do then I would definitely go into a blind review like mode during any remaining time especially for any particularly difficult questions or questions of a type you notice that you are more prone to missing.

If you don't get them right in blind review then go over the ones you miss closely looking for patterns. If you miss any types more go over them in the core curriculum and/or drill that type. If it's across the board and you can't get them in blind review, maybe go over the whole core curriculum again?

Having the time doesn't mean your going too fast. I often had at least that much time to check, but without the errors. Those are the problem.