Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can’t get higher than a 160...

I have been studying since May and have improved greatly. My LG sections have gone from -15 to -5, but I want to go -0 or -2. On the September test, I went -11 for each LR and RC section, which is high for me. I usually score between 155-160 on practice tests, but I scored 151 on the September test. I have done blind review and can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. I feel like I have a good grasp on conditional logic, but I keep missing so many questions. How can I get my score to the mid to high 160s in one month?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

You've got to analyze your errors with greater insight. Why are you missing the questions you're missing? If you answer that question well, you can then address your underlying issues effectively and in a way that will begin to have applicable lessons for future sections. You've ruled out conditional logic, but that represents maybe about 2% of things that can go wrong. Are you pre-phrasing on Strengthen/Weaken questions? That's a problem. Are you failing to notice when they introduce a superset in the conclusion? You've got to recognize that. Are you struggling to finish the section and missing a lot of questions on the end due to insufficient time? You've got to work on time management strategies. There's a ton of stuff it can be, you've just got to identify the issues. Once you've got that you should be able to address them, but until then it's going to be extremely difficult to make any meaningful improvements.

• lawschool33lawschool33 Member
    100 karma

Thanks Cant Get Right!
    I just added all of my practice test responses into the Analytics page. I normally don't have trouble finishing all of the questions in the allotted time, but I did discover the top 3 types of questions I'm missing in each section. I'm about to go through those types of questions individually to see where I'm going wrong.