Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long did it take to foolproof LG for PT's 1-35?

Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
in General 553 karma

Thoughts?

Comments

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

I've been doing it quite regularly for the past 8 weeks and I'm on PT 24 now. Hoping to be finished with the whole set by the end of this month.

That's just me--some might work slower or faster, or have more time constraints.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Depends what else you got going on and how quickly you can get through the games. I think going a single PT (4 games) worth of games per day is reasonable if you study full time. Then again, sometimes I come across games that take me an hour + just to understand.

You also have to factor in re-doing games you've already done.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited November 2017 4423 karma

42 days. I did as Alex recommends, one full new game section a day. I also redid that game section the same day after watching the explanation video, did it again the next day, and did it one last time 1 week after the first take.

It's 42 days because it took a week to finish with the 35th game section which I started on day 35.

I'd build in a rest day each week if I had to do it again though.

I also took and blind reviewed PTs during this time, but didn't do any LR or RC prep.

It felt like plenty of work so I wouldn't push it much harder especially if you still are studying for other sections.

Good luck!

• LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    edited November 2017 392 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:
    42 days. I did as Alex recommends, one full new game section a day. I also redid that game section the same day after watching the explanation video, did it again the next day, and did it one last time 1 week after the first take.

It's 42 days because it took a week to finish with the 35th game section which I started on day 35.

I'd build in a rest day each week if I had to do it again though.

I also took and blind reviewed PTs during this time, but didn't do any LR or RC prep.

It felt like plenty of work so I wouldn't push it much harder especially if you still are studying for other sections.

Good luck!

Are you close to -0 on sections now?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@Euthyphro said:
    Are you close to -0 on sections now?

Not as close as some get. But as close as I'm ever going to get since I have no incentive to retake. On my last twenty PTs I averaged just over a -1 with a median of -1 and mode of -0. That said every once in a while I would still run into a game which gave me a hard time and get -4 or so either because I couldn't answer some of that game's questions or ran out of time.

I didn't finish the games on my initial February take.
    After the foolproofing, I missed 1 on the logic games section of my September retake.

• Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
    553 karma

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions!