Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using a chart for grouping games....

mdswinkmdswink Member

I'm currently working through the CC right now and I just finished the lesson on grouping games with a chart. I'm understanding the concepts alright but when it comes to application, I'm having trouble. My biggest question is... How do I know when to just do regular grouping and when to use a chart? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

I think it comes with practice and experimenting. For example I like to solve the dinasaur games bestwith a chart...

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

@mdswink said:
    I'm currently working through the CC right now and I just finished the lesson on grouping games with a chart. I'm understanding the concepts alright but when it comes to application, I'm having trouble. My biggest question is... How do I know when to just do regular grouping and when to use a chart? Thanks in advance!

The chart is done when game pieces are reproducible (e.g. John Tom and Brittany are ordering toppings for their pizzas. The toppings are anchovies, pepperoni, green pepper, sausage, and bacon). Since we know more than one of the three people can choose one of the same topping, we use the chart to keep track of these reproducible game pieces.

• LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    edited November 2017 392 karma

Use a chart for grouping games when you can reuse the items that can be placed in groups. For example, if there are 3 shirts (this represents groups) and they can be made up of different colors (Y, G, B ). You would use a chart here.

• LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    edited November 2017 392 karma