Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scoring 165-169

EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
in General 224 karma

Hi guys, so I'm taking the December exam and currently I've been scoring between 165-169. My scores don't drop from that range, but aren't as consistent as I'd like. I'll be getting a 167 3x and then a 165 all of a sudden.

Any tips on how to get more consistent on my scoring? I'd love to be constantly getting a 168/169 prior to the exam.

Comments

• FerdaFreshFerdaFresh Alum Member
    561 karma

I've seen greater fluctuation myself so I wouldn't be too worried. Where you're scoring, at that point I think consistency can come from knowing when to skip. Check out Sami's response to this thread. I think it's a great thing to keep in mind, especially if you're already consistent with LG (I'm assuming you are if you're scoring mid to high 160s).

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/13683

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

@FerdaFresh said:
    I've seen greater fluctuation myself so I wouldn't be too worried. Where you're scoring, at that point I think consistency can come from knowing when to skip. Check out Sami's response to this thread. I think it's a great thing to keep in mind, especially if you're already consistent with LG (I'm assuming you are if you're scoring mid to high 160s).

Wanna endorse this 110%

I've also found doing timed sections and BR'ing right after more effective in many ways than doing tons of PTs. I then pick out 2-3 things after each section I want to work on and then review, drill, and improve on them. This really allowed me to hone in on anything I was weak on. After a PT it can feel like you have 25 things to work on, and it becomes harder to get it all done while it's still fresh in your head. Also, depending on the section(s) you're weakest on you can focus more on them.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

@"Bay Area" said:
    Hi guys, so I'm taking the December exam and currently I've been scoring between 165-169. My scores don't drop from that range, but aren't as consistent as I'd like. I'll be getting a 167 3x and then a 165 all of a sudden.

Any tips on how to get more consistent on my scoring? I'd love to be constantly getting a 168/169 prior to the exam.

Impossible to answer without knowing your section breakdowns.

• EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
    224 karma

@FerdaFresh said:

Thank you so much. I read the thread and will keep it in mind next time I do a PT.

• EvetteCeeEvetteCee Alum Member
    224 karma

@sakox010 said:

@"Bay Area" said:

Impossible to answer without knowing your section breakdowns.

In LG: 0-2, RC: 4-6, LR: 2-6

In LG I usually get the substitution question wrong or make a silly mistake. LR when I'm between 2 answers.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Exact same situation as you for section breakdowns. I think a big thing is knowing when to skip LR Questions. @"Bay Area"

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I'm in exactly the same situation! Same section breakdown and everything. I'm also shooting for a 167 (and have been hitting it kinda consistently, but want to get a bit higher so I can be safer).

I think our best shot may be to follow these folks' advice and look for getting an edge by improving LR. LG is solid for me and RC is more difficult to improve on. So I'd hoping to implement a skipping strategy starting tomorrow. Best of luck! Curious to hear how things improve for you over the next few weeks.