Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consistently scoring 171+ on Preps prior to 80, 167-169 on PTs 80+. Study advice?

Hi everyone! I'm taking the Jan flex on the 15th and would love some last-minute study tips.

I've noticed a strange pattern where all my PTs prior to 70, I'm getting 171+. Unfortunately I burned thru PTs 71-81 early in my studying, so I don't have those as a frame of reference-- But any PTs I'm taking past 82 I'm consistently stumbling on questions across sections. (Most recent observations is I'm hitting major issues in LR and LG, getting -6 on each when I usually get -2 to -3.)

Has anyone else had similar issues, and any broader ideas on resolving (besides just drilling specific issues I overlooked on a question-to-question basis)?

Comments

• da.jiangda.jiang Member
    40 karma

Hi, I've had similar issues, where I thought the 70s were not that bad and then getting destroyed by the 80s. One thing I've noticed is that it a slightly different feel of a test (distribution of question types, etc, are slightly different, along with a "miscellaneous" game). For these, it's just to get used to the feeling of the 80s tests and drill these. It is very likely that the flex tests are going to be taken from the 80s era than the 70s era. Not sure if these comments helped -- happy to hear other's suggestions.

• faulknerfaulkner Member
    21 karma

happened to me too - especially for LR. I think somewhere around the late 70's range the writers just get way more creative with coming up with flawed arguments that just arent intuitive i.e. check out some of 'flaw' questions deep into the sections in the 80's and craft stims/AC's that penalize you for deferring to question type specific strategies

• sophiapesettisophiapesetti Member
    49 karma

@faulkner said:
    happened to me too - especially for LR. I think somewhere around the late 70's range the writers just get way more creative with coming up with flawed arguments that just arent intuitive i.e. check out some of 'flaw' questions deep into the sections in the 80's and craft stims/AC's that penalize you for deferring to question type specific strategies

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to throw out the PTs I was planning on taking later this week that aren't in the 80+ range and just spend those days drilling LRs in the high 70s/on 80s I've taken before.