Increasing Score - tips?

sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
in General 360 karma

Does anyone have any tips for increasing your score BESIDES doing BR and fool proofing logic games? I haven't been able to change my score at all and it's starting to get frustrating, considering the fact that the test is in about two/three weeks.

I wrote out flashcards and I plan on trying to at least memorize/recognize question stems, but otherwise I've hit a wall. What has worked for you for LR, RC, and LG? Trying to brainstorm a new game plan for the next few weeks. Help!

Comments

• Disha MehtaDisha Mehta Member
    56 karma

Have you figured out a skipping strategy for yourself? That definitely helps.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@sunflowersandlaw said:
    Does anyone have any tips for increasing your score BESIDES doing BR and fool proofing logic games? I haven't been able to change my score at all and it's starting to get frustrating, considering the fact that the test is in about two/three weeks.

I wrote out flashcards and I plan on trying to at least memorize/recognize question stems, but otherwise I've hit a wall. What has worked for you for LR, RC, and LG? Trying to brainstorm a new game plan for the next few weeks. Help!

Working to get faster at the easier questions and skipping harder questions seems to have at least helped in part to increase my score.

When you say memorize question stems do you mean learning to recognize what type of LR question it is? If so, you should definitely make that a priority.

• seharris14seharris14 Alum Member
    100 karma

Being able to quickly recognize question stems is a time saver. Especially with NA, SA, PSA questions and other similar questions. Instead of flashcards with isolated question stems, I wrote down the question stem for every LR question in both sections every time I BR a PT. Then I would check my answer against 7sage's classifications when grading.

When you take the test, you circle every single question you're not 100 percent sure about right? Well I watch video explanations for every question I circled, after BR. Even some I didn't circle. It helps confirm my thought processes, build confidence, reveal incorrect lines of thinking that luckily led me to the right answer in one case, and get better and much better at discerning appealing trap answer choices on the next questions I faced.

For RC, I read hard articles (esp science bc those were most intimidating for me)and made myself analyze them, figure out the main point, understand the meaning of hard terms used.

After reviewing a PT, write down what you learned from it. This can be as simple ad "go faster on RC," or "once you get your LG answer, just move on" or "need to watch SA question type lectures again" and even "be more confident!!" Looking at your notes before each PT will remind you of what you need to keep in mind; I got that technique from someone who scored in the high 170s and even PT'd 180 before. Reflecting on what you learn with very PT is very important.

If you are properly completing your BR and foolproofing games (including and particularly the hardest games you encounter, as those are the time warps), then perhaps you might try taking a break for a day in order to relax and let everything soak in. Then reapply yourself to the next PT all you can. Be confident You've got this!

• sunflowersandlawsunflowersandlaw Alum Member
    360 karma

These were all SO great. Thanks everyone! Especially @seharris14 !