University of Delaware - 14531

H O ThomasH O Thomas Alum Member

Greetings from Delaware. Yes, the state. Since nobody decided to review the U of D, I figured I'd tell you. Beyond it being a building with rooms and professional staff, there are some quirks about the environment. This is a laundry list of stuff, and is subject to change. I took the December 2017 test, so now you have a reference point.

First off, they do it in Alison Hall. The rooms can contain about 30 test takers at any time. Don't worry, I doubt you'll be in a room with more than 15 people. This is Delaware: the state. There's not a lot of Demand for our only law school.

Second, the desks are small. Your desk space will contain a bit more than the size of your LSAT book when opened. It's best if you store your pencils and erasers under your book. Also, the desks have wheels, and the wheels don't lock. If you're a leg figitter, you're going to have some sweet travels in the room. The good news is that there are desks for left-handed people. The bad news is there's only one or two per room. Pro tip - if you're left handed, try to enter the room last. This is what I did, and they gave me two right handed desks to use. I got a bit more space than the others, which let me spread out like the !@#$ lord I am.

Third, the clocks. Every room has a clock in it, but do not bank on using it. The clocks are normally in the corners, and very hard to see. If you need a clock to reference, bring an analog watch.

Fourth, parking. You'll be using the parking garage about a five minute walk from Alison Hall. It's on the same street (Academy) as Alison Hall, so you're good. The cost is five dollars for all day parking. I suggest you pay the five dollars because UD cops literally have nothing better to do than write tickets and impound cars.

Fifth, the bell. For those of you who have never been to UD, there's this baller bell toll every hour (time marches on... !@#$ I'm old...). It's faint, but noticeable.

Pretty much all I got. Hope this helps.

Comments

• Vern8892Vern8892 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Don't forget to prepay for your parking. Its one of those lots with a kiosk. Mine went out 10 minutes before test time so I took the L and get the $40 ticket, they dropped it after I called them up. Thomas whats your last name? Maybe we were in the same room.
    Mines is V, I was in a room with about 20 or people and yup also in DE!