After Test - What now?

in General 193 karma

So although I have decided to take the test in February regardless of my December score, I feel at a bit of a loss to where to restart studying. I don't know if it is because I'm still fairly tired, and relieved it is over. I just don't know where to go back to studying. Does anybody have any thoughts on how they are planning to get back at it?

Comments

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

Think about what your weaknesses were going into the test? I knew I wasn't where I wanted to be and I took it with the intention of February anyway. I'm glad I took it. Felt 0 nerves and knew I scored plus/minus 3 points of my average.

My weakness is in LR and I neglected RC to a big degree so I plan to focus on that big time this come around.

• 193 karma

Are you starting right away? Or are giving it a couple of days? I'm obviously playing on the DB because I can't seem to make myself focus.
    I plan on doing drills and working on my timing for LR.
    RC is my weakest weakness. Or is it my strongest weakness? Whatever. I'm consistently weaker in RC then anything else. I just have a tough time on understanding the actual structure of passages. I see the points of view, and I can even do the analogy questions, but for some reason I miss on main point for language and inferences. I just don't grasp it within the 8-9 minutes per.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

@catgonzalez1974 said:
    Are you starting right away? Or are giving it a couple of days? I'm obviously playing on the DB because I can't seem to make myself focus.
    I plan on doing drills and working on my timing for LR.
    RC is my weakest weakness. Or is it my strongest weakness? Whatever. I'm consistently weaker in RC then anything else. I just have a tough time on understanding the actual structure of passages. I see the points of view, and I can even do the analogy questions, but for some reason I miss on main point for language and inferences. I just don't grasp it within the 8-9 minutes per.

What is DB?

I was almost tempted to do another PT after the real thing on Saturday. Wasn't tired at all but I stopped myself. Most of my prep is just doing timed sections so that's what I am doing and then review. I'm going to do extra RC this time around because I neglected it last time.