Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(In/Out game) OR questions!

hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
in Logic Games 342 karma

TWO QUESTIONS TO ASK! Thank you in advance!

1) Let's say I want to find all "OR pairs" within /N->/O->J->/K->P. Is the following list a complete "OR pairs":
/N->P
/O->P
/K->P
/N->J
/O->J
2) If we are given /N->/O->J in IN/OUT game,is it okay to represent this as N/O/J in one slot of IN group? or do we have to choose between N/J and O/J?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@d931n027h said:

1) Let's say I want to find all "OR pairs" within /N->/O->J->/K->P. Is the following list a complete "OR pairs":
    /N->P
    /O->P
    /K->P
    /N->J
    /O->J

I think this is ok.

2) If we are given /N->/O->J in IN/OUT game,is it okay to represent this as N/O/J in one slot of IN group?

I think you shouldn't represent it that way.

N/O/J looks like if N is in the IN group, O and J are free to go anywhere. But it isn't the case here.

• hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
    342 karma

@akistotle said:

@d931n027h said:

/N->P
    /O->P
    /K->P
    /N->J
    /O->J

I think this is ok.

2) If we are given /N->/O->J in IN/OUT game,is it okay to represent this as N/O/J in one slot of IN group?

N/O/J looks like if N is in the IN group, O and J are free to go anywhere. But it isn't the case here.

If /A->B, we would represent that as A/B in IN group though... Right?
    Then @akistotle, how would you represent it? N/O and O/J in IN group??

(Thank you always!)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@d931n027h said:

@akistotle said:

@d931n027h said:

/N->P
    /O->P
    /K->P
    /N->J
    /O->J

I think this is ok.

(Thank you always!)

For /N->/O->J, I would just represent O/J in the IN slot and write O --> N closer to it. You can't write "N/O and O/J in IN group" because N and O don't have OR relationship.

Even if they do (if the rule said /N --> O, /O --> J), I would represent only O/J in the IN slot because if you write N/O and O/J, they take up two slots, and you may miss the case where O is in and N and J are out.

• saberatisaberati Alum Member
    94 karma

I'd probably do J/O* to remind me that O in is N in

342 karma

@akistotle said:

@d931n027h said:

@akistotle said:

@d931n027h said:

/N->P
    /O->P
    /K->P
    /N->J
    /O->J

I think this is ok.

(Thank you always!)

For /N->/O->J, I would just represent O/J in the IN slot and write O --> N closer to it. You can't write "N/O and O/J in IN group" because N and O don't have OR relationship.

Even if they do (if the rule said /N --> O, /O --> J), I would represent only O/J in the IN slot because if you write N/O and O/J, they take up two slots, and you may miss the case where O is in and N and J are out.

Your way sounds superb. Thank you!

342 karma

@saberati said:
    I'd probably do J/O* to remind me that O in is N in

*! Another great way! Thank you!!! :)