Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any tips to improve score by 1-2 points for February?

ha.atwalha.atwal Member
in General 98 karma

Hey everyone,

After completely bombing my September LSAT, I headed into December with more determination than ever and scored a 161 (10 points above what I scored in September!). Obviously that's huge progress and I was pretty happy, but I was aiming for 163 (and had been scoring around that range), so I knew that I would have to re-write in Feb. and squeeze out a few extra points. My LG on December was -3, but I've normally been going -0/-1, LR was -16 and RC was -7 so I know there's a lot of areas I can be targeting in order get 2-3 more questions right in February.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed these next 5 weeks? The biggest mistake I made in September was burning myself out, and in December I couldn't sleep the night before.. so I'm hoping to resolve both those issues and head into February with a clear, rested mind. Would it be wise to maybe do 6-7 PTs and focus heavily on reviewing, and drilling LR/RC when necessary? Any tips would be appreciated to ensure I conquer the LSAT and never have to face it again :)

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Study LR by question type between now and then. That should be enough for 1-2 points.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"ha.atwal" said:
    Hey everyone,

After completely bombing my September LSAT, I headed into December with more determination than ever and scored a 161 (10 points above what I scored in September!). Obviously that's huge progress and I was pretty happy, but I was aiming for 163 (and had been scoring around that range), so I knew that I would have to re-write in Feb. and squeeze out a few extra points. My LG on December was -3, but I've normally been going -0/-1, LR was -16 and RC was -7 so I know there's a lot of areas I can be targeting in order get 2-3 more questions right in February.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should proceed these next 5 weeks? The biggest mistake I made in September was burning myself out, and in December I couldn't sleep the night before.. so I'm hoping to resolve both those issues and head into February with a clear, rested mind. Would it be wise to maybe do 6-7 PTs and focus heavily on reviewing, and drilling LR/RC when necessary? Any tips would be appreciated to ensure I conquer the LSAT and never have to face it again :)

I'd focus in on LR for the following reasons:
    First because the most points are at stake.
    Second because after games ot is easiest to improve.
    Finally, because LR seems least likely(at least for me to provoke burnout).

I recommend PTing each weekend like it's a real test and trying to get your sleep the night before those too to get your ritual down. Then I think you should blind review the PT thoroughly and drill any LR types you struggled with for the rest of the week. If you miss any points on games, foolproof the game. If you deeply struggle with an RC passage, go over it till you feel confident in it's answers.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

Sounds like LR is where to focus your time. You'll get 2x the returns because there are 2 sections.

I would recommend drilling by type if you're missing -8 per section. That indicates that you have some sub-optimal strategies that you can improve on to bring your score up.

• ha.atwalha.atwal Member
    98 karma

This is all great, thanks everyone!