Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About how many Assumption questions are in the most recent LSAT tests?

tringo335tringo335 Alum Member

Just wondering :-)

Comments

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I just used the "num expected" in the analytics section if you want more precise numbers, but it looks like between 9-12 assumption types would be expected :smile:

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    I just used the "num expected" in the analytics section if you want more precise numbers, but it looks like between 9-12 assumption types would be expected :smile:

Gah *must get better at assumption questions *

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

A LOT D:

I remember thinking that on the Septembe 2017 and December 2017 exams - it felt like there were assumptions everywhere!

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    A LOT D:

I remember thinking that on the Septembe 2017 and December 2017 exams - it felt like there were assumptions everywhere!

this makes me want to cry; it's by far my achilles heel in LR and I was hoping maybe there were only a couple.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

If you think about it, most argument questions are really assumption questions at their core. For the most part, strengthen and weaken questions require you to identify an assumption (read: gap) in the argument and find an answer choice that exploits that assumption in a specific way. Same goes for Justify the Principle questions. And Flaws are just really bad assumptions. This is the paradigm that Manhattan LR preaches.