LOCI Webinar + Editing Giveaway! Jan 17 @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited January 2018 in Webinars 7272 karma

7Sagers,

On Wednesday, January 17, at 9 p.m. ET, I’ll host an admissions webinar about what you can do after you send in your law school application. At the end of my presentation, I’ll answer your questions.

:cookie: We’ll give one webinar attendee a free critique of a personal statement, résumé, LOCI, or any other document.

:warning: You’ll have to register for this webinar in advance.

→ Please register for the webinar (Jan 17, 2017 @ 9:00 p.m. ET) here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1126655659329187330?source=Discussion+Forum.

After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Hope to see you there!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Link doesn't work :(

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

@LSATcantwin Thanks for the quick catch! Fixed.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I just registered. The link works now. :)

• meko tlrrmeko tlrr Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I just tryed to register. The link does not work for me.

• BryantFuBryantFu Alum Member
    72 karma

It appears to work fine, now.

7272 karma
  • LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Can’t make it, had my moms birthday dinner tonight! Sorry guys, please record if possible!!

• markk007markk007 Member
    21 karma

Time traveling

• arjangasadiarjangasadi Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 7 karma

Your secret superpower is common sense

• michaelrayhuertamichaelrayhuerta Alum Member
    11 karma

What is David's secret superpower?

Revealing all of ours.

• jsfollowerjsfollower Member
    66 karma

Speed reading

• 1LBound1LBound Alum Member
    149 karma

Flying

• zvandykezvandyke Free Trial Member
    edited January 2018 3 karma

Your secret superpower is invisibility! ... but only when no one is looking at you...

• luniholuniho Alum Member
    17 karma

I'm going with impermeability to lengthy and bloated LOCI/statements - what better superpower could you have?

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Oh man, this is such pandering. I can't believe you asked us to do this. I'm not sure if I should stand up for the pride of the students or succumb and hope for help. If you had a power, it must have been to disable people's microphones.

• headabovewaterheadabovewater Alum Member
    18 karma

The power to make this look easy

• sumounibsumounib Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Being logically compassionate

• rayromano47rayromano47 Member
    4 karma

Underwater Laser Vision

• LilzillaaLilzillaa Alum Member
    18 karma

Flying!! But only within the confines of an airplane

• kpanekpane Member
    17 karma

The ability to draw a perfect circle

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Jet Propulsion

• ofili.lillyofili.lilly Free Trial Member
    42 karma

The power of replication! 100 Davids showing us mere mortals how it's really done.

• Hana YooHana Yoo Member
    8 karma

To talk and eat at the same time =)

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

the power to teleport yourself to the exact same location.

• Hello and thank you for the webinar! Your favourite secret super power could be the ability to instantly make a confused person not confused -- like a Midas touch but with a telepathic kind of effect. (I mean 7sage does that, but in person it could be an instant event).

• yhju723yhju723 Free Trial Member
    15 karma

You can wake up at a certain time almost to the minute without any alarm.

• JerryClarke242JerryClarke242 Alum Member
    602 karma

Helping people defy expectations is David's secret super power.

• Wayne FrankWayne Frank Member
    5 karma

David's secret superpower appears to be: Good Hair Gel

• ArtoriusArtorius Alum Member
    188 karma

You could use The Force.

May the force be with you!

• fkhodapafkhodapa Member
    7 karma

being able to get people into law school with critiquing their law school content while also manipulating probability (they coincidentily go hand in hand with this superpower)

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

The power to shrink into a mini David and sneak your way into the admissions officer's office to find out your students' fates

(this is a mini, slightly evil David muahaha)

• yodaka-staryodaka-star Alum Member
    21 karma

David's super power is to allow adults to go back in time partially so they can be fans of and grow up with Harry Potter

• majmudarforammajmudarforam Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Hi David! Thank you for the super helpful webinar! Interesting question, I think you are a secret animagus :))

• princessunicornprincessunicorn Alum Member
    13 karma

Pyrokinesis is David’s super power. He’s lit.

• nsviavant-1nsviavant-1 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 19 karma

Hi David. Thanks for taking the time to host an insightful webinar! Here's my blurb about your superpower, time travel:

Attention 7sagers! You may not be aware of this fact: David Busis possesses the ability to time travel. He is one of those rare individuals with a keen sense for all of the happenings that transpire within various realms or modes of time--from the open-ended future to the ever-evolving present, delving deeper still into the dark (or light) pasts of those that approach him for 7sage advice. David is aware of the mysteries and nuances surrounding the elusive Mother Time herself, from her fleeting escapes and transient sightings to her pauses and never-ending epics. As David offers a guiding hand to the 7sage community by providing insight into our personal statements, LOCIs and resumes, he is able to travel into our pasts, reminiscing with us so that he too can walk along our timelines utilizing his now not-so secret superpower, his mental time machine. Sometimes he prefers to direct his clients’ essays toward a future bent--getting lost in thoughts and ideas of their futures and scheduling vacations into their distant lands in order to provide a panoramic snapshot of future events that you cannot put a price on. This allows his clientele to craft essays that were once only imaginable plot lines, simple stories of wishful thinking prior to David’s new discoveries.

David’s unparalleled understanding of time and space affords him a wider perspective on the ho-hum of daily events. He is a great planner who encourages others to adopt better time management skills as well. After all, who knows the intricacies of time better than David? While he unfortunately cannot bring us along whenever he time travels, he can provide us with worldly glimpses into our pasts and and futures that were otherwise unattainable.

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

Superpower-level skills in alliteration, analogy, and anaphora

7272 karma

@yhju723 CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WIN! I don't want to brag, but I sort of almost a little bit CAN sometimes sort of a little bit wake up at just the right time.

Honorable mentions go to…

@"Hana Yoo", as I can also talk and eat at the same time, and in fact sometimes eat my words.

@kpane, for though I cannot draw a perfect circle, I have on rare occasion been known to circle the perfect answer.

@yifei_wang, for not only was I able to disable microphones, but I wasn't able to UN-disable microphones (c.f. omnipotence paradox https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox)

@yhju723 , please email editors@7sage.com to claim your prize. Thanks for coming everyone!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@jeoeul555 said:
    David's super power is to allow adults to go back in time partially so they can be fans of and grow up with Harry Potter

I think @jeoeul555 is already implementing we learned in the webinar (doing some research about David and making a reference to the NYT op-ed) ;)

• g00g00shg00g00sh Member
    119 karma

I wasn't able to attend. Did you record it?

• sophie74sophie74 Free Trial Member
    373 karma

Hi @"David.Busis" - how do we access the recording? The link didn't work for me

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma

@sophie74 said:
    Hi @"David.Busis" - how do we access the recording? The link didn't work for me

You need the Admissions course to see the recording:
    https://7sage.com/admissions/enroll/

• yodaka-staryodaka-star Alum Member
    21 karma

@akistotle said:

@jeoeul555 said:

I think @jeoeul555 is already implementing we learned in the webinar (doing some research about David and making a reference to the NYT op-ed) ;)

Unless you have done the same search, you won't know I made a reference ;)