Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is getting a 163-165 achievable in two months?

RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in December 2014 LSAT 192 karma
Hello, I am currently scoring at 158 consistently, yet am aiming for a 163 at the least. I have been studying for a while and have seen my score already rise by 12 points. Can I make further ground?

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I was scoring at 158 for a little while and suddenly made massive jumps up to nearly 170. I'm sure you can do it, just focus on where you need to improve and absolutely master the LG section.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Very easily... like cole.w.murdoch said... MASTER LG...
  • justrandomjustrandom Alum Member
    343 karma
    You seriously are in the same situation as me! I started off at a 146 then jumped to a 158 and have been scoring in that area constantly. My goal is also 163-165 by the December exam. It's comforting to know someone is on the same boat I am!
  • sults99sults99 Free Trial Member
    1 karma
    I am worried about getting a 155 because I am currently at 135 for a practice test without prep (first try). Is it possible to get a 155 by february??
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Many people can give their two cents, but at the end of the day-- it really depends on you. Judging by your 7sage name...I think you may enhance your chances if you feel more optimistic and invigorated about putting in the effort to do well.
  • bluedot423bluedot423 Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    sults99, a 20 point swing is not impossible, it sounds like you need to start from the basics. I'd enroll in a prep course or get a tutor if I was you.
  • RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2014 192 karma
    On the contrary, my name has more to do with me subordinating the LSAT. Haha, I think your making an assumption with no substantive justification Al ;)

And thanks to everyone for the input! justrandom I know how you feel! I'm currently in college and therefore have to balance school and LSAT prep, but I hope to be ready on time. And sults I think that is plenty of time. I wouldn't look too much into your first ever LSAT without prep. It certainly is a completely different animal in terms of what it tests.

As for me, I'll definitely try and zero in on where I'm specifically weak in. I've identified NA and SA questions to be a challenge, especially under timed conditions.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    suits99 - also consider the room for improvement you have. A 20 point increase will take work but it is most certainly possible. I myself improved by 18 points (at a highest) and still feel as if I have room to go. There may be some very basic tenets of the LSAT that you didn't understand when taking it for the first time, and once you do grasp them, your improvement will potentially skyrocket.
  • Iggy MinajIggy Minaj Alum Member
    52 karma
    Cole, how did you jump so far? Did the LG just click?