Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok, starting my prep

seamusyarbroughseamusyarbrough Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in General 36 karma
I am going to get 7sage basic and study as much as possible before the December Lsat. I took a diagnostic and got 164 but my goal is 170+. I also have a Kaplan LSAT 2014 book. Questions are:

Is this enough time to improve to my target score?

Should I even bother to read my Kaplan book in addition to using 7sage?

Should I add anything to my plan at all (other books or study programs) or just hit the 7sage course hard when ever I have free time?

I work full time and am taking 12 credit hours of college. I know it will be hard to fit it all in, but law school won't be much better. I figure it's good training. I can study for the LSAT about 6 or 7 hours a week if I give up almost all social life for the next three months.

Comments

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    It's potentially enough time, but 164 to 170 is a big leap that some people never make, so don't be shocked if you cut it close or maybe don't even get there. If LG is your problem then that's pretty doable; if your problems are in RC/LR it'll be tougher.

Burn the Kaplan book. Winter is coming - save on your heating bills! No need to collect a bunch of materials - just start by hitting 7Sage hard and only branch out to other materials if you're just not getting something. Frankly, with this time frame you're going to have trouble getting through all of the 7Sage material to begin with.

Good luck! I made a very similar leap to yours in a similar time frame when I took the LSAT, so I know it can be done if you work at it.
  • seamusyarbroughseamusyarbrough Free Trial Member
    edited September 2014 36 karma
    My only problem is LG to be honest. I can't finish them. Had I got all correct in LG my score would have been a 172. I didn't even have time to read the last game.
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    You make me laugh. seamusyarbrough. BECAUSE LG is really doable and you WILL improve and get your target score. Just work at it and use the fool proof method. :)
  • WubsthecatWubsthecat Alum Member
    11 karma
    I am officially starting my prep with 7sage today as well so good luck seamusyarbrough! I wanted to take the December LSAT as well but due to lack of momentum I fell behind and now I am doing a complete overhaul of my test prep and starting new! I am targeting the February LSAT, but you seem MUCH more ahead of me already so I wish you all the best!!
  • kellysmellykellysmelly Alum Member
    84 karma
    My friend did it in three months 165- 176. Yes, and he did by games!