Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help to improve Logical Reasoning score

musumecibjjmusumecibjj Alum Member

Hello, I have been studying for about 3 weeks now, and in both the reading comp and the LG I average in the 20s correct. My problem is the Logical Reasoning, which is literally half the test i average 16-18 correct when I take it. My goal is to get at least a 168 on this test, so my LR needs to be in the 20's per section. I am half way through the LR bible from powerscore and also doing the 7 sage course. Any suggestions how i can increase my LR to getting it into the 20s? Please help!! Thank you very much! I have been studying more than 9 hours a day!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@musumecibjj said:
    Hello, I have been studying for about 3 weeks now, and in both the reading comp and the LG I average in the 20s correct. My problem is the Logical Reasoning, which is literally half the test i average 16-18 correct when I take it. My goal is to get at least a 168 on this test, so my LR needs to be in the 20's per section. I am half way through the LR bible from powerscore and also doing the 7 sage course. Any suggestions how i can increase my LR to getting it into the 20s? Please help!! Thank you very much! I have been studying more than 9 hours a day!!!

Slow down! You've only been studying for less than a month, and you're using two different methods, which I don't think is very helpful in the beginning stages of your prep.

I would recommend taking your time and going through the 7Sage core curriculum. Complete the corresponding drills, watch JY's explanations for them, conform your thinking to his, and make sure you put a ton of emphasis on learning conditional logic.

Also, you can't brute force your way to success on this test, so don't feel like you have to study 9 hours a day to do well. If it works for you, though, keep it up!

• musumecibjjmusumecibjj Alum Member
    94 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@musumecibjj said:

Slow down! You've only been studying for less than a month, and you're using two different methods, which I don't think is very helpful in the beginning stages of your prep.

I would recommend taking your time and going through the 7Sage core curriculum. Complete the corresponding drills, watch JY's explanations for them, conform your thinking to his, and make sure you put a ton of emphasis on learning conditional logic.

Also, you can't brute force your way to success on this test, so don't feel like you have to study 9 hours a day to do well. If it works for you, though, keep it up!

My problem is I really wanted to take the first one in febuary then june then september. If i get high enough on Febuary I dont have to keep taking it. I just need to build up my LR in less then a month!! Even if brute force is required! lol thank you for the advice!

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

Are you using the analytics that 7Sage offers?

Identify the question types that trip you up most frequently and figure out why--are you getting it down to 2 answers and then choosing the wrong one? Are you blindly guessing after wasting a ton of time being confused? Are you struggling with conditional logic and missing parallel method/flaw/etc?

Also, try the 25 in 25 minutes method.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@musumecibjj said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@musumecibjj said:

My problem is I really wanted to take the first one in febuary then june then september. If i get high enough on Febuary I dont have to keep taking it. I just need to build up my LR in less then a month!! Even if brute force is required! lol thank you for the advice!

I'll just be the one to straight up tell you that it's not going to happen in a month... You can't brute force the test. It's designed specifically against people who try to game it in a month. Learning to do well on the LSAT is a skill, and all skills take time to develop. If it was so easy you could learn to master it in a month, then wouldn't everyone?

What's the rush for taking in Feb?