Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Particular School

Need to write an additional essay on why I want to go to SMU, anyone have experience writing something like this/ have tips for what admissions officers are looking for?

Comments

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I suggest searching "Why X"
    These types of essays are extremely popular, so there's a ton of info out there about them :)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dgnorton said:
    Need to write an additional essay on why I want to go to SMU, anyone have experience writing something like this/ have tips for what admissions officers are looking for?

It's helpful to include specific reasons you would like to attend SMU. Are there clinics or specific professors who you're interested in working with? Are there special externships or internships offered you're considering?

These are just examples, but things like these seem to be helpful to include in your essay.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9382 karma

My Why X essays usually start with depictions of moments when I decided that I want to go to that school ("Narrative Model" in https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/how-to-write-a-why-law-school-x-essay/) and subsequent paragraphs talk about certain clinics and courses that attract me.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, highlight ways your existing skills can benefit the programs and activities at the school. Show that you're proactive and eager to engage.