Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

February LSAT exam

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member
in General 130 karma

Can anyone who is familiar with the February tests confirm that every single non-experimental question on the February test have been previously tested on other test takers (through experimental sections on their tests or outside-of-us administered tests, etc)? I heard that February tests have unusual questions so I was wondering. Maybe people mistakenly feel like the content is unusual only because they don't get to see which questions they got wrong??

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Yes, all have been tested. They wouldn't be able to create a curve otherwise. There is really no difference between Feb. tests and others.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@hlkoo1212 said:
    Can anyone who is familiar with the February tests confirm that every single non-experimental question on the February test have been previously tested on other test takers (through experimental sections on their tests or outside-of-us administered tests, etc)? I heard that February tests have unusual questions so I was wondering. Maybe people mistakenly feel like the content is unusual only because they don't get to see which questions they got wrong??

I don't think questions on the February test have been previously tested. It seems like LSAC tests new questions on the February tests. For example, the infamous virus game in PT79 (September 2016) first appeared in the February 2013 test (https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/267391/The-February-2013-LSAT-Post-test-Analysis).

9372 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Yes, all have been tested. They wouldn't be able to create a curve otherwise. There is really no difference between Feb. tests and others.

Oh I didn't know this. I'll take my above comment back :)

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@akistotle said:

@hlkoo1212 said:

I don't think questions on the February test have been previously tested. It seems like LSAC tests new questions on the February tests. For example, the infamous virus game in PT79 (September 2016) first appeared in the February 2013 test (https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/267391/The-February-2013-LSAT-Post-test-Analysis).

It was an in the experimental section in February 2013, not in the real LG section.

9372 karma

@uhinberg said:

@akistotle said:

@hlkoo1212 said:

It was an in the experimental section in February 2013, not in the real LG section.

I just noticed that, haha :sweat_smile: Thank you!

• kventokvento Alum Member
    86 karma

@uhinberg said:

@akistotle said:

@hlkoo1212 said:

Yeah but like @akistotle said, it later appeared as a real game in Sep. 2016. So, there could be some funky games from older experimental LG sections from earlier administrations.. right? I'm already nervous lol

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited January 2018 6866 karma

@kvento said:
    Yeah but like @akistotle said, it later appeared as a real game in Sep. 2016. So, there could be some funky games from older experimental LG sections from earlier administrations.. right? I'm already nervous lol

Right, but how is that any different than any other test?

We have two possibilities here:

1. They use February as an extra-experimental administration with unvetted questions, completely ruining their test's standardization and law schools' ability to compare results across administrations, and they use the lack of disclosure to hide this fact; or

2. It's the same as any other test - vetted the same way, scaled the same way, etc. - and they just don't disclose the test so they have a bank of tests to use in case of emergency (like the floods in TX last year).

What do we think is more likely?