Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might be a dumb question...

RoelaB93RoelaB93 Alum Member
in General 22 karma

Do law schools look at your highest LSAT score or do they combine all of them together and look at the average?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Highest! Thank goodness :D except maybe Yale...

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Highest! Thank goodness :D except maybe Yale...

"except maybe Yale" I feel like that line alone can yield its own search in LSAT forums lol. But yeah, @LSATcantwin is correct.

• RoelaB93RoelaB93 Alum Member
    22 karma

Thank you, good to know! Also I'm definitely not applying to Yale haha!

11542 karma

@RoelaB93 said:
    Thank you, good to know! Also I'm definitely not applying to Yale haha!

Hey you never know dude. Imagine if Trump said he's definitely not running for president because he isn't a politician. Wait...what...

• RoelaB93RoelaB93 Alum Member
    22 karma

HAHAHA omg that was great, but yeah still not applying!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@RoelaB93 said:
    Do law schools look at your highest LSAT score or do they combine all of them together and look at the average?

The tend to only care about the highest but other law schools aside from Yale (NYU, for example) say on their website that they consider all LSAT scores. It's obvious from apps on LSN that clearly they don't seem to care that much, but I suppose it's something to consider; e.g., don't take the LSAT cold and get a 140 LSAT score.

11542 karma

@RoelaB93 said:
    HAHAHA omg that was great, but yeah still not applying!

haha, your choice! :) also one thing to note is once your score is at or above the schools 75th percentile, your other scores will have even less of a value on your application. All the best!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@RoelaB93 said:

The tend to only care about the average but other law schools aside from Yale (NYU, for example) say on their website that they consider all LSAT scores. It's obvious from apps on LSN that clearly they don't seem to care that much, but I suppose it's something to consider; e.g., don't take the LSAT cold and get a 140 LSAT score.

I think you meant they tend to only care about the highest.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

@RoelaB93 said:

The tend to only care about the average but other law schools aside from Yale (NYU, for example) say on their website that they consider all LSAT scores. It's obvious from apps on LSN that clearly they don't seem to care that much, but I suppose it's something to consider; e.g., don't take the LSAT cold and get a 140 LSAT score.

I think you meant they tend to only care about the highest.

I did! Thank you :smile: