Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

15 Days till February 10 LSAT!

cshel152cshel152 Alum Member

Hey Everyone,

With 15 days until the next LSAT -14 days of review time left - I would like to hear the opinion of others on how to spend the next 14 days. Would it be best to write PT's for the next two weeks, practicing everything under gametime conditions. Or, would it be better to drill types of games, and questions, while doing timed practice sections for the next weeks; keeping the mind sharp for the big day.

What are your thoughts on how to approach the next 14 days?

Cheers,

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 3279 karma

Really depends on the person. For December 17, I spent the last 2 weeks taking 4 PTs and doing LGs. It was really important for me because I delayed PTs for such a long time.
    These were the tests I took during that period
    PT65 (11/20) 169 (LR1: -2, LR2: -2, LG: -4, RC: -7)
    PT70 (11/24) 161 (LR1: -3, LR2: -7, LG: -9, RC: -7)
    PT71 (11/26) 169 (LR1:-6, LR2: -0, LG: -4, RC: -5)
    PT82 (11/29) 164 (LR1: -7, LR2: -2, LG: -3, RC: -7)

Those tests where I screwed up were really beneficial for me. I ended up choking on the games, but I'm sure I would have done worse if I hadn't prepared for them. Getting exposed to a recent exam was also really helpful. I went -9 on LR in PT82, but I went -4 on LR in the December exam. I didn't do anything drastic, I just walked away from PT82 accepting that I didn't have to 100% approve of an AC and to trust my intuition.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@cshel152 said:
    Hey Everyone,

With 15 days until the next LSAT -14 days of review time left - I would like to hear the opinion of others on how to spend the next 14 days. Would it be best to write PT's for the next two weeks, practicing everything under gametime conditions. Or, would it be better to drill types of games, and questions, while doing timed practice sections for the next weeks; keeping the mind sharp for the big day.

What are your thoughts on how to approach the next 14 days?

Cheers,

How are you currently scoring? Where do you want to be scoring? What is your average score breakdown?

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I would do at least one or two PTs just to make sure timing is down pat. It is usually hard to really improve skills in such a narrow timeframe so I would focus on the PTing and just do some very light drilling on your non-PT days.

But I didn't follow that either time and roughly hit my PT average both times. The first time I crammed in as many PTs as I possibly could (30 in the last 3 weeks). This was my only studying for my first take. I ended up one point below my average. The second time I started to burnout and was busy with school so I took only 1 PT and did very little other studying in the final two weeks. I ended up a few points above my average. Both extremes worked. I would say you are probably nearly locked in as far as your preparedness at this point so do whatever you think will make you most comfortable.