Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some advice/if anyone knows a thread similar to this one...

K 440244K 440244 Alum Member
in General 104 karma

In your own opinions, how different is a score of a 155 (first attempt score) versus a 157/158 (current score average) . Does it really make a difference for me to take the exam again? I feel like I am in the range where it could be the difference with just scholarships...any advice?

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Really depends on the schools you want to attend. I think the difference between 25th 50th and 75th percentile are important. If you stay in the same range, I don't think moving from a 155 to 157/158 is going to do much for you.

If you're going to amass significant debt going to a school that doesn't have great job prospects, I suggest you delay a cycle and keep studying.

• K 440244K 440244 Alum Member
    104 karma

I'm definitely moving from the 25th percentile of the school into the 50th, I haven't really completed many prep-tests lately, I have been drilling a lot. these next few weeks are going to be my PT weeks to see where i really stand. Thanks for the insight!

• stormstorm Member
    261 karma

I'd imagine that moving from a 155 to a 158 would put you in a new percentile range for the school you're interested in, many schools have a generally narrow 25-75 percentile, so those 3 points could definitely do something.

When are you thinking of taking the LSAT? I'd suggest moving on from drilling and instead religiously doing full PTs with blind review. 7Sage is correct when they say you can drill and drill, but recognizing which drill applies to what question once everything is mixed up in the form of a real test is very real. Further, working on combatting fatigue will be a good skill to build up, as I think at the ~155 range you are probably missing a few questions due to fatigue alone.

Best of luck!

104 karma

Thank you! I am actually taking the February lsat, but I have exhausted almost all of the practice lsats previously covered. Here’s to February being my final attempt!

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Something else to keep on mind is that PT average, once you establish a current one, is generally 2-3 points higher than your actual score. So even if you are averaging 158, you shouldn't assume you'll get higher than 155

104 karma

Well my current average score has become a 161 now, so if that is 2-3 points higher than what I will get on test day, I am happy with it! Thank you for the response